It's best if safe mode is off altogether but your hosting company may be able to come up with some configuration that works for you. Here is a list of things that svManager needs to do and that may be restricted by safe mode. I suggest you send the list to your hosting company and see what they can do.
svManager needs to be able to:
1. Create new directories and sub-directories on the server
2. Copy files that have been uploaded by ftp into the new directories
3. Create new data (text) files
4. Read and write to data files
5. Upload image files to the server temp directory and copy into the new directories it has created
6. Delete some of the data files it has created
7. Remove some of the directories it has created
I'd be interested to see what they say in response.
Incidentally, safe mode is not quite as 'safe' as it maybe sounds and it has been discontinued altogether in the latest release of php. Unfortunately it will be quite some time before the world moves over to php6.
SimpleViewer Support Team.