Re: Gallery still not loading, we thought it fixed but its not

Hi miker,

Yes I am running out of ideas as well. There is no SFTP on my hosting site. Also on the v1.85 I  uploaded the multi-gallery that I started working on with with some of my images around 10 in each gallery. Everything loads like it should but there are no next and previous thumb arrows. Which is strange because the only thing that is new were the images and the multi-gallery.swf.

Here is a link to that test

At this point I do not know if that helps or hinders.

Thanks for the help and slight madness that this is generating  :? LOL

The images are there I can navigate the thumbnails with the mouse scroll wheel. Normally the arrows are positioned under the thumbnails I would make sure you are bumping them off the bottom of the stage.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Hi miker,

OK I decided to upload my 1.9 multi-gallery and try other browsers before I contacted my hosting site. I uploaded it with Filezilla and tested it with Safari and Opera (don't know of any other for Mac) both loaded the site perfectly :D, though it is not finished yet (I just need to add the finishing touches backgrounds and the like) it worked great! I then opened firefox and the evil message came up about no gallery.

Here is the link

I do not have IE so I do not know if it works in that but I am thinking it will. So at this point I am going to put a statement somewhere at the bottom of the gallery to select a gallery if using FF. I personally will not be using FF anymore.

Thanks for any input and all of your help.

It's not working in FF or IE in windows might be the AC_RunActiveContent, but I thinking it's the same issue as before.

Mike Richards

Hi miker,

Ugh!  :? I thought I had something there. Well I'll try the SWFobject and see if that works.

Here is that link

If that does not work I am going to just move away from doing multi-gallery I guess I continue working on the regular SV site I have started just in case the MG version did not work.

Here is the link to the regSV

Again thanks so much for the help.

Hi Guys,

thanks for looking into this issue. It seems that there is a bug in the "multiple_galleries.fla" example that shows up when the files load from the server in a certain order.

The fix is to replace the ActionScript in the first frame of the "multiple_galleries.fla" with the following:

//Example of loading multiple SimpleViewer swfs into another flash movie.

//init stage
Stage.align = "TL"; 
Stage.scaleMode = "noScale";

//set width and height of SimpleViewer swf
_global.SVStageWidth = 640;
_global.SVStageHeight = 420;

var galleryId:Number;
var mLoader_mcl = new MovieClipLoader();
mcLoader._lockroot = true;
mLoader_mcl.addListener(this);

//Set button actions
mcGal1.onRelease = function(){ 
    loadGallery(1);   
}

mcGal2.onRelease = function(){
    loadGallery(2); 
}

mcHide.onRelease = function(){
    mcLoader._visible = !mcLoader._visible; 
}

function loadGallery(galId){
    galleryId = galId
    mLoader_mcl.loadClip("viewer.swf?xmlDataPath=" + "gallery"+galleryId + ".xml",mcLoader);
}

function onLoadInit(){

//set gallery xml name
    _root.xmlDataPath = "gallery"+galleryId + ".xml";
    //set gallery specific options
    if (galleryId == 1){
        com.airtightinteractive.apps.viewers.simpleViewer.Options.imageFrameColor = 0x00ffff; 
    }else{
        com.airtightinteractive.apps.viewers.simpleViewer.Options.imageFrameColor = 0xff00ff; 
    }
}

//load first gallery
loadGallery(1);

Let me know if this works for you.

Felix Turner

Hi Felix,

It seems to load now which is great but now the next and previous arrows are not showing up.

Here is the link for that one

I replaced the viewer.swf (with the stock one that is in the multi-gallery folder) file to see if that was the issue with the arrows showing up and when I do that it makes the thumbs huge and the main image very small.

Here is the link

Also when I test the movie in Flash CS3 I get this error viewer.swf?xmlDataPath=gallery1.xml   But that does not happen when I preview it in a browser with in Flash.

Thanks for any and all help.

Hi,

the thumb arrows disappearing is a separate issue. Probably related to your ActionScript fixed layout options.

Try working on your customized gallery swf separately to the shell swf that loads it. Get that working first, then load it into your shell.

Felix Turner

HI,

I reworked the options.as and everything is now the correct size. So then I did drastic changes in the position of the next arrow just to see if it ever showed up and it doesn't. I even tested it in the plain stock gallery in the web folder and the arrows are no where to be found there as well. Any ideas?

Also why is the above error viewer.swf?xmlDataPath=gallery1.xml come up when I go and Test Movie in Flash and that error is not there when I preview in html in Flash?

Thanks for the help.

Locally do you have a gallery1.xml file in the same folder as your multiple gallery file?

As to the arrows try making only one change at a time to your fixedLayout options and then run the fla to make to see the change. I would start by moving the arrows before you make the rest of the changes.

Mike Richards

Hi miker,

The gallery.xml files are in that folder thats why i thought it was so strange.

I am going to start from scratch on my fixed layout since we now have a good code for the multiple-gallery.fla. And like you said make one change at a time get it right and the move on to the next one.

Again I want to say a giant Thank You to you Miker for all your support and mind numbing thought process on getting this working and of Course to Felix for seeing the bug in the code and fixing it. This is a great product and the support you get makes it worth its weight in gold. Thanks so much. :D

You're welcome.

What is your _root.xmlDataPath in your muliplegalleries.fla set to?

Mike Richards

Hi miker,

The path to the .xml in the old code

//set gallery xml name

That did not change even with the updated code and they are in the same folder as the multi-gallery.fla,  multi-gallery.swf and viewer.swf., that's why I thought it was so weird that it happened just after the multi-gallery code update.

I just un-ziped an untouched v1.9 tried it with the original code and did not get the error message, when I put the new code in the error message was back. So it has something with the new code I think. Here is the path in the new code;

//set gallery xml name

So it does not seem that the path has changed. :?

Here is the complete old code from the untouched v1.9 and the error message does not happen with it;

//Example of loading multiple SimpleViewer swfs into another flash movie.

//init stage
Stage.align = "TL"; 

_global.SVStageWidth = 640;
_global.SVStageHeight = 420;

//Set button actions
mcGal1.onRelease = function(){ 
    loadGallery(1);   
}

mcGal2.onRelease = function(){
    loadGallery(2); 
}

}

galleryId = galId
    mLoader_mcl.loadClip("viewer.swf",mcLoader);
}

function onLoadInit(){

//set gallery xml name
    //set gallery specific options
    if (galleryId == 1){
        com.airtightinteractive.apps.viewers.simpleViewer.Options.imageFrameColor = 0xffffff; 
    }else{
        com.airtightinteractive.apps.viewers.simpleViewer.Options.imageFrameColor = 0xff00ff; 
    }
}

//load first gallery
loadGallery(1);

Thanks for the help. :)

I am also having the Gallery Not Found issue, again only on first gallery to be loaded, after that they all load fine. Have tried the edits to the .as but it isn't working for me.

I'm not that familiar with Actionscript but have tried to apply the lockroot fix to my code....

//init stage
Stage.align = "TL"; 

_global.SVStageWidth = 610;
_global.SVStageHeight = 450;

mcLoader._lockroot = true;

//Set button actions

}

galleryId = galId
    mLoader_mcl.loadClip("viewer.swf?xmlDataPath=" + "gallery"+galleryId + ".xml",mcLoader);
}

function onLoadInit(){

//set gallery xml name

}

But it still will not load that first gallery, after that it works fine. Infact to see the error I have to empty my browser cache.

All files and images are on the same server, I'm using simpleviewer pro v.1 and have worked from the multiple_galleries.fla

Any help to apply this fix to my situation much appreciated.

Last edited by darshi (2010-02-21 05:52:28)

Hi

I am having the same problem with the multiple galleries. Using the multiple galleries contained with the simpleviewer 1.9 pro download that came with the simpleviewer 2 purchase as a test.

I thought it was just with flash download simulator because when you use the flash simulator saying it cannot find gallery.xml which is wrong as using the multiiple galleries it should be looking for gallery1.xml or gallery2.xml. However it works fine on a preview without using the download simulator.

I have followed this thread and gone over all suggestions but it does not work including Felix's

The fix is to replace the ActionScript in the first frame of the "multiple_galleries.fla" with the following:

The 'fix' code does not work. Instead it returns an error when previewing in flash

Error opening URL 'file:///mycomuteretc/Documents/simpleviewer%2Dpro/v1.9/examples/Flash%20Embed/viewer.swf?xmlDataPath=gallery1.xml'

so I think there is something wrong with the function

galleryId = galId
}

I can't move forward on my work until there is a fix for this. I would really appreciate some help with this as after purchasing the pro version I would hope that the bugs would be fixed.

many thanks

ps
Please don't suggest I use simpleviewer 2 as I do not have the time to get my head around AS 3 right now and all my scripts are as AS2, I also need v1.9 as I am relying on the autoplay feature.

did you try running it on a web server?

Felix Turner