Topic: no background

Hi, my name is alexandre and i would like to know if it possible to eliminate the galery's background to see (behind images  gallery) the previous website's page?

something like this website : http://www.sportsaglac.com/galerie/photo.php

thank you.

Re: no background

I found a better example of what I want to do :

http://blog.jdsarchitects.com/   just click on the image at the left side.

thank you.

To make your gallery transparent, add this code under the SWFObject line in the HTML document:

fo.addParam("wmode", "transparent"); 
Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

I've tried adding that line but my gallery background isn't transparent yet.
I also tried adding 'opacity:x' to the body rule inside index.html but that seems to make the images transparent, not the background.
Could that be because I'm using AV Pro 1.3? If yes, what would be the code for 1.3?

Did you at fo.addParam("wmode", "transparent");  before fo.write? Did you clear your browser's cache after making the change? Please post the URL of the gallery that you are having the issue with.

Mike Richards

Yes, I added that line and cleared the cache but the background is still solid grey.
My gallery can be found here.
Also, if I can really make the background transparent, is there a way to edit the amount of transparency?

Last edited by Fraxav (2010-11-04 22:38:35)

Yes, I added that line and cleared the cache but the background is still solid grey.

In the CSS for the page you have background-color: #181818; which is gray.

I want the background to be tranparent so it can merge with the shadowbox

Are you expecting to see your page through the transparent background? The background of the flash is transparent, but you have the HTML thought that is not.

Also, if I can really make the background transparent, is there a way to edit the amount of transparency?

I believe the background transparency for flash is all or nothing.

Mike Richards

I removed the background-color and the background is white when I launch index.html from my computer, while it's still gray on my website.
I also tried background-color:transparent with no luck (makes background white in local but still grey on web). Adding opacity:x would make images transparent, as I said before.

So how can I make this HTML transparent?
What if I link to the .swf? I tried that too, but it doesn't load the images.

Last edited by Fraxav (2010-11-04 22:44:14)

Looks like the transparency is working now, try clearing your browsers cache. I don't know if you will be able to set the HTML as transparent, you should try looking for a CSS solution for that.

Mike Richards

What transparency do you mean? Would you mind showing me a screenshot? I mean, the shadowbox gives transparency AROUND the gallery (which is surrounded by a thin white border), but the background of the gallery itself isn't transparent at all yet. I'd like see my page through the background.

If you go to http://www.fraxav.com/Sito/wp-content/u … index.html the simpleviewer.swf, the gallery, is transparent, the white background you see is coming form the HTML. As to the HTML I don't know if you are going to be able make your HTML transparent. I suggest you attempt to search for a CSS solution.

Mike Richards

I was finally able to fix my problem. The gallery was transparent but it had an external colored background, which I was ignoring  hmm
Thanks a lot for your help.