Topic: Add Images not working

I installed svmanager and ran all the tests before to make sure it checked out... it did and installed.  I started to look around and then try the Add Images to build my first gallery.  No luck.  I read more in the documentation and changed the rights for the directory and files and ended up giving full rights just to get it to work, but it wouldn't.  I am have copied what Java gives me in way of error in hopes someone can point me in the right direction to solve this problem.  Please let me know what else i need to help solve this.  Here is the code:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: sun/security/provider/certpath/OCSP
    at com.sun.deploy.security.TrustDecider.doOCSPEEValidation(Unknown Source)
    at com.sun.deploy.security.TrustDecider.isAllPermissionGranted(Unknown Source)
    at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.getPermissions(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.SecureClassLoader.getProtectionDomain(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.defineClassHelper(Unknown Source)
    at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.access$300(Unknown Source)
    at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader$2.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.findClassHelper(Unknown Source)
    at sun.plugin2.applet.Applet2ClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadCode(Unknown Source)
    at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager.createApplet(Unknown Source)
    at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager$AppletExecutionRunnable.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Exception: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: sun/security/provider/certpath/OCSP

Re: Add Images not working

just a followup.. I did the test and it worked and uploaded fine.  When it uploaded a Java message appeared saying that I needed to run an earlier version of Java.. I clicked run and it worked.  This svmanager doesn't present that message.  I just says there is an error.  Not sure this is an issue, my Java is the lastest and up-to-date, but remembered that there was that message before it worked in the test.  The test did upload the image however.

Ok, I got it fixed.  I had to do some searching and found that I had two Java runtimes enabled.  I unchecked the older one and now it works.  I had no error messages, but found a site that did have errors regarding java and lead me to the answer.  I still don't know why the test code worked but the real svmadmin didn't.  Anyway, seems to be solved.

It turns out that the test was running a slightly earlier release of the java applet. I've updated the test so it's now running the same as the real app. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

jack

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.