Topic: Different questions

Hi there,

I have some questions about SimpleViewer Pro v1.8:

1. I'm using also svManager v1.2.3..  Is there a possibility to view the newest album as the first one and not the last on the index page?

2. Is it possible to change the white border around the picture into a bitmap/jpeg-file?

3. My indexpage of svManager is a page with the different albums (html-page).  Is there any possibility to display those albums into a flash-page?  It has to stay up-to-date, so when I add an album with svManager it has to update the flashpage without editing it?

Many thanks in advance for your answer/help!!

Steven

Re: Different questions

1. I'm using also svManager v1.2.3..  Is there a possibility to view the newest album as the first one and not the last on the index page?

You would need to make some changes to the svmanager php code.

2. Is it possible to change the white border around the picture into a bitmap/jpeg-file?

Do you mean the white border around the thumbnail on the gallery index page? If so then you would need to make some changes to the svManager php code in order for it to know to use the image.

3. My indexpage of svManager is a page with the different albums (html-page).  Is there any possibility to display those albums into a flash-page?

Yes you can display the albums in a flash page.

It has to stay up-to-date, so when I add an album with svManager it has to update the flashpage without editing
it?

This is a custumization you would need to build into both your flash and svmanager so that when a new gallery is created the flash would be "told" what the available galleries are. For example you could change svmanager so that it also updates an additional XML file that has a list of the galleries and then build your flash so that it uses that XML to populate the gallery menu.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Dear Mike,

Many thanks for your information.  Maybe a stupid question or maybe you may not help me with source codes  smile but is there any possibility to view some source codes about:

- display the newest album first
- changing the big white border around the large foto (not thumbnail)
- display my albums in flash (stays up-to-date)

I'm not a big programmer and unfortunately I cannot find it to change those things.  Also I cannot find it on google/forums of simpleviewer sad

I hope that you could help me with those issues  roll

I have found a simple code change that will display the newest gallery first rather than last.

• Edit the file "svmanager/classes/indexpage.php".

• Find the function: getHtml.

• Locate the line: "if ($columns > 0)"

Now add the following line of code right above that line

$galleriesData = array_reverse($galleriesData);

What this is doing is reversing the array that was built by unserialize().
Good Luck!