Topic: Right Click > Save Picture ?? Or download pictures

I just bought pro and we are using it for our party production company to host pictures from our events. What I am wondering is how can I enable a right click > save picture so our visitors can save pictures of themself or is there a way I can add a download for each picture?? This would really help us and I know there is a way to do it but not sure. I just got flash so im going to have to learn everything
Thanks for any help

http://www.alreadyblazin.com

Re: Right Click > Save Picture ?? Or download pictures

There is a built in right click option to 'Open Image in New Window...' This allows users to save images via their browser. This functionality is enabled by setting the enableRightClickOpen XML option.

If you want to open the browser's 'save as...' dialog box directly on right click, you will need to modify the source code to open a URL that uses PHP or similar to trigger the 'save as' dialog.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Yeah i want to do the second one, But like ive said before I just started messing around with all of it so im clueless on how to do it right now. I have it set to rightclick > open new then people can save. But I need a more direct route because everyone wants to save their pictures then put them up on myspace.

Do you know where I can find a url or artical where it shows me how to edit it to allow right click.. save as..

Here is a simple way ( not elegant smile to do a "save as" or "open" -  use a zip file. Create a 3rd folder, call it LG, place (could be larger images) images there, zip them first.
The caption will have this in the xml

<image><NAME>02.jpg</NAME><CAPTION><![CDATA[<A href="gallery1/LG/02.zip" target="_blank">CLICK TO OPEN Large image to save or print     IMAGE # - attendees_02</A>]]></CAPTION></image>

When they click, they will get a dialogue box to save or open, in FF and IE at least. I know it isn't exactly what you want, but  maybe it will work for you.
Richard

Richard

in order to better assist you, please provide a url, relevant code and details about your problem.
Thanks!

<image><NAME>02.jpg</NAME><CAPTION><![CDATA[<A href="gallery1/LG/02.zip" target="_blank">CLICK TO OPEN Large image to save or print IMAGE # - attendees_02</A>]]></CAPTION></image>

How do i get it so that it automatically makes a link to that image. At the moment i have to go in and manually alter the herf= value. Is there a way of adding this line and getting it to point to each image inturn??

Many thanks

Lee

If your using buildgallery.php, it will add the links for you.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Sorry. Should have mentioned that im using the Picasa version.

Thanks

Lee

can you get it to use left click instead and get a full rez picture in a new window?

[url]http://www.spyring.net/sc4/?friend=BKnVqe[/url]

I could do but some people have pop-up stoppers.

I like having a click to link. However at the moment now im having to alter each path for each image.

Thanks

Lee

BUMP.

Anyone?

Many thanks

Lee