Topic: Background color is incorrect in IE8

I never set the bg color to #222222, but there it is. It works as expected on every other browser that I tested. What should I do?

Last edited by elitecoder (2010-03-07 21:30:16)

Re: Background color is incorrect in IE8

I'm still looking for a solution.

It looks like you are using a custom embed method that is not passing in the bgcolor parameter correctly. The recommended way to embed SimpleViewer is described here: http://www.simpleviewer.net/simpleviewe … ng.html#js

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Could that be the case, even though it's working on other browsers? (Correctly setting the bgcolor, in other browsers - just not IE8...)

Yes IE and the other browsers use different embed tags for Flash. SWFObject handles all browsers correctly.

Felix Turner

I am using swfobject. I've updated the URL to point to a much simpler test case.

I removed the #'s from the colors as the documentation shows, but it's made no difference.

Got it!

I had the last two arguments to embedSWF switched. I had my params in attributes, and attributes (empty) in the params field.

Thanks.

Last edited by elitecoder (2010-03-07 21:33:06)

Hello,

I'm having a similar problem in SimpleViewer v2.1: the background color is correct in Firefox 3.6.12, but the same URL viewed in 8.0.6xxx appears to have a tan overlay applied over the initial color.  I can see the effect with the gray background color that I want (#d6d6d6) and with a purple color I'm using for debugging.

I'm creating my gallery using svBuilder-Pro.  I even see the tan overlay in IE when I've built a gallery with the "classic" preset.

Here is the URL: http://mcgilvray.moorepix.com/blue-lilies/index.htm

The behavior makes me wonder if the problem is somewhere in the embed code, such that some parameter is incorrect for IE.  But I think the embed code is straight out of svBuilder-Pro, so in reality, I'm really stumped.  Please help.

Thanks,
Carol

@mattsson
Please see this FAQ: http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/su … trouble_13

Steven Speirs

Hi Steven,

Your answer worked beautifully!  I changed the SV.simpleviewer.load parameters as described in the FAQ link Steven sent, and indeed the color cast is gone in IE, and the gallery still looks correct in Firefox.  Thanks Steven!

For the record, here is the question and the answer:

My gallery has a brown color cast over it. How do I fix this?

This issue occurs on some combinations of browsers and flash player versions and is caused by a bug in the Flash player . The solution is to set the wmode of the gallery to 'opaque'. To do this, modify the embed code in the index.html file to look like this:

SV.simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "100%", "100%", "222222", true, null, {wmode : "opaque"});

--Carol