Topic: svBuilder (v.2.0.1) changes not taking effect

svBuilder is changing the original gallery.xml file OK but changes are not showing up on the web page. New embed code is embedded into the index.html. Original gallery is working but changes don't show up. This was all working OK before. Have double checked all the syntax on the index.html. Am I missing something simple? Thanks.

Re: svBuilder (v.2.0.1) changes not taking effect

Did you save the changes to the gallery.xml and upload it to the server?

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

svBuilder is changing the gallery.xml on the server ( Apache on my computer ).  In my editor I can see that it has been changed and saved.

<!-- SIMPLEVIEWER HEAD. Paste this into the head of the HTML page-->
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/swfobject/2.2/swfobject.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
var flashvars = {};
flashvars.galleryURL = "gallery.xml";
var params = {};
params.bgcolor = "222222";
params.allowfullscreen = true;
params.allowscriptaccess = "always";
swfobject.embedSWF("simpleviewer.swf", "flashContent", "70%", "75%", "9.0.124", false, flashvars, params);
</script>

Even though the gallery.xml file is updated the viewer acts like it is reading the the original xml file from before. My gallery.xml, index.html, simpleviewer, swfobject files are all in the same directory. If I remove the gallery.xml file from the this directory it still seems to find the original gallery file somewhere- this is odd. The viewer should find it in the current directory that index is in. In short... the svBuilder is changing the gallery.xml but the viewer seems to reading a different one.

Thanks for the help.
Tom

Are the gallery.xml and the swf in the same folder? Did you clear your browser's cache?

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

That seems to have fixed the problem. Don't know why I did not think of it - sometimes you get to buried into the problem to see clearly. Thanks a million!