Topic: Description Info

Hi there,
I cannot add a description to the back of my photos. What is the code needed to make it work? It shows up blank.

I set this - fo.addVariable("showFlipButton", "true");

and for the description I tried

<title>My Title</title>
<description>My Text</description>

Re: Description Info

Are you using flickr? If so you can not add descriptions with the XML.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Hi there,
I am not using Flickr.
I am using images in the imgs folder...

Can you help??

What is the URL of the gallery?

Mike Richards

http://cooldigitalpics.com/testtilt/

Looks like the captions are there but the full caption is not showing up, try the following for starters.

You need to remove the following extraneous code form the bottom your gallery.xml

<description><![CDATA[This is a HTML text description. Supported tags are <b>bold</b>, <u>underline</u>, <i>italics</i>, linebreaks<br>and <font color="#ff0000" size="60">font tags</font>. Hyperlinks are not supported.]]></description>

your gallery.xml:

<tiltviewergallery>
    <photos>

<photo imageurl="imgs/1.jpg">
            <title>Water Bottle</title>
            <description>
            Cooling down has never looked so good! With our funky water bottle stay hydrated while looking great! An excellent gift for the sports star in your family.
            </description>
        </photo>

<photo imageurl="imgs/2.jpg">

<title>Pro Poster</title>
            <description>Look like a pro-sports star with this professionally designed poster! The size and the quality makes it look just like the real thing, and you're sure to impress your friends whenever they see it.</description>
        </photo>

<photo imageurl="imgs/3.jpg">
            <title>Scrapbook Page</title>
            <description>
The perfect gift for the scrap-booker! We arrange everything on the page, which means less effort for you! Quick and easy, and looks great. A new design every years means you'll never have to make your own again.</description>

</photo>

<photo imageurl="imgs/4.jpg">
            <title>Skate Mat</title>
            <description>EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE</description>
        </photo>

<photo imageurl="imgs/5.jpg">
            <title>Blanket</title>

<description>
Warm up with a soft, cozy blanket complete with your own picture on it! Great for chilly sporting events or brisk nights with the family..</description>
        </photo>    

<photo imageurl="imgs/6.jpg">
            <title>Basic Package</title>
            <description>
            Team Mount - Cherish your memories of the sports year with this fun team mount! Featuring your very own trader card and team photo in a exciting design, mounted on a durable plastic.
Trader Cards - Show all your friends what a true sports star you are! With unique designs you're sure to make everyone jealous. Choose from Standard or Premium.
            </description>
                    </photo>

<description><![CDATA[This is a HTML text description. Supported tags are <b>bold</b>, <u>underline</u>, <i>italics</i>, linebreaks<br>and <font color="#ff0000" size="60">font tags</font>. Hyperlinks are not supported.]]></description>

</photos>
</tiltviewergallery>
Mike Richards

Ok thanks,

now what?

In your html reduce the descriptionFontSize from 152.

fo.addVariable("descriptionFontSize", "152");
Mike Richards

lol oops

ok I did that, Thank you .. any other suggestions ?

They are there, but small, the default size is 32. I would try playing around to get the size you want. If you are still not seeing them try clearing your browsers cache.

Mike Richards

Hmm... I cannot see a thing and I have cleared the cache,,, maybe it doesn't work on a mac?

Anywho I will try on my pc later,, thanks for the help smile

Hi everyone..
Ok so I can see the text on the back side of the images on every computer except mine.. so that problem is solved.

Now I was wondering, is there any way to move the text away from the edge?
Like in the demo on the flip side the text is butt right up against the yellow and the white border. Can we move the text inward somehow??

thanks.

much better you don't do it to make your work easy  smile