Topic: SV2 - How do I load other content, menu or info with XML

I started looking around in here for a few answers maybe other folks have tried.

1. How can I create a contact us page and load it into mcLoader? Or load and unload bits of content over the photo?

2. If i wanted to load testimonials with a perticular client photo how would I add that in? So I could see a caption or a testimonial on rollover?

If been having fun getting into the code, I think the SimpleViewer-Pro Config Options within xml is great. It would be great to have another flash embed example showing how to use the viewer within a simple site.

Lastly, does flash need to know where the com folder is for publishing? Thanks. this is my second purchase of the script I bought it back in 06 also. Keep up the good work.

Re: SV2 - How do I load other content, menu or info with XML

Hi,

unfortunately we cannot offer general Flash development support, beyond that directly related to loading and using SimpleViewer-Pro in a container movie. I would suggest you experiment with the provided Flash Embed example, try looking for Flash tutorials online or get a Flash dev book, for example "Essential ActionScript 3.0" by Colin Moock.

Lastly, does flash need to know where the com folder is for publishing

The SimpleViewer-Pro source code is not required for Flash embedding. All the code is compiled into the SimpleViewer SWF.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Re: SV2 - How do I load other content, menu or info with XML

Found some info below, this may help some folks. I've spent hours reading. I'll keep pushing on. I have the book learning as3.0 from Rich Shupe and Zevan Rosser. Thanks for the reply. I'll look into that other book.  :/

create dynamic navigation from xml file in flash cs3 - and this..will see.

-----------

import flash.net.URLRequest; 
import flash.display.Loader; 
import flash.events.Event; 

import flash.events.ProgressEvent; 
function startLoad() { 
var mLoader:Loader = new Loader(); 
var mRequest:URLRequest = new URLRequest(new_website.swf);
mLoader.contentLoaderInfo.addEventListener(Event.COMPLETE, onCompleteHandler); 
mLoader.contentLoaderInfo.addEventListener(ProgressEvent.PROGRESS, onProgressHandler); 
mLoader.load(mRequest); 
} 
function onCompleteHandler(loadEvent:Event) 
{        
addChild(loadEvent.currentTarget.content); 
} 
function onProgressHandler(mProgress:ProgressEvent) 
{ 
var percent:Number = mProgress.bytesLoaded/mProgress.bytesTotal; 
trace(percent); 
} 
startLoad; 

----------------