Topic: SV2 - How do I load other content, menu or info with XML

I started looking around in here for a few answers maybe other folks have tried.

1. How can I create a contact us page and load it into mcLoader? Or load and unload bits of content over the photo?

2. If i wanted to load testimonials with a perticular client photo how would I add that in? So I could see a caption or a testimonial on rollover?

If been having fun getting into the code, I think the SimpleViewer-Pro Config Options within xml is great. It would be great to have another flash embed example showing how to use the viewer within a simple site.

Lastly, does flash need to know where the com folder is for publishing? Thanks. this is my second purchase of the script I bought it back in 06 also. Keep up the good work.

Re: SV2 - How do I load other content, menu or info with XML

Hi,

unfortunately we cannot offer general Flash development support, beyond that directly related to loading and using SimpleViewer-Pro in a container movie. I would suggest you experiment with the provided Flash Embed example, try looking for Flash tutorials online or get a Flash dev book, for example "Essential ActionScript 3.0" by Colin Moock.

Lastly, does flash need to know where the com folder is for publishing

The SimpleViewer-Pro source code is not required for Flash embedding. All the code is compiled into the SimpleViewer SWF.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Re: SV2 - How do I load other content, menu or info with XML

Found some info below, this may help some folks. I've spent hours reading. I'll keep pushing on. I have the book learning as3.0 from Rich Shupe and Zevan Rosser. Thanks for the reply. I'll look into that other book.  hmm

create dynamic navigation from xml file in flash cs3 - and this..will see.

-----------

import flash.net.URLRequest; 
import flash.display.Loader; 
import flash.events.Event; 

import flash.events.ProgressEvent; 
function startLoad() { 
var mLoader:Loader = new Loader(); 
var mRequest:URLRequest = new URLRequest(new_website.swf);
mLoader.contentLoaderInfo.addEventListener(Event.COMPLETE, onCompleteHandler); 
mLoader.contentLoaderInfo.addEventListener(ProgressEvent.PROGRESS, onProgressHandler); 
mLoader.load(mRequest); 
} 
function onCompleteHandler(loadEvent:Event) 
{        
addChild(loadEvent.currentTarget.content); 
} 
function onProgressHandler(mProgress:ProgressEvent) 
{ 
var percent:Number = mProgress.bytesLoaded/mProgress.bytesTotal; 
trace(percent); 
} 
startLoad; 

----------------