Topic: Gallery XML NotFound (firefox only)

hello everyone, good job with simpleviewer, but there seems to be a problem with firefox 3.6 on windows.

My html is W3C XHTML 1.0 Transitional Valid and the css is W3C CSS Valid CSS 2.1 (both checked on

I have tested my page on Mac and Ubuntu with the following browsers firefox, Chrome, IE(windows) and Safari and it works great.

The url of my page is

In the middle of the movie there is a link "Photo Gallery" which opens a thickbox with simpleviewer in it.
No matter the way of using simplevewer (object tag, or javascript oriented) in firefox simpleviewer loads with "Gallery XML NotFound" in the middle.

I would appreciate any suggestions.
I've checked the forum for similar posts but I didn't get a proper solution

Thanks for your time and consideration.

Re: Gallery XML NotFound (firefox only)

i have this problem in all browsers roll

i think, you must write the url from the root, like /360/.../...xml

path is not the issue I've tried all possible ways...I think...but thanks for the reply, I really appreciate it.

Normally when you get the error Gallery XML Not Found the issue is the following.

When I view my gallery I see the message 'Gallery XML Not Found'. How do I fix this?

This message means the SimpleViewer SWF cannot find the gallery.xml file that describes the gallery. Make sure the gallery.xml file is in the gallery folder. Check Troubleshooting Pathing Problems. … #trouble_6

In this case I think it has to do with Firefox on XP does not fully support International Domain Name. We have seen this happen before.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

apparently you are right... Firefox in windows only has a problem with the Greek domain...
I tried the same settings on a regular English character domain and it works as a charm
thanks for the help guys