Topic: Unable to log in with new password

Hi,

I've read on here that some people have problems setting a new password and logging in - I have tried a number of times to log in using my new password but it just tells me that the user name or password is wrong.

I have copied the svmanager folder over to my server again and again to keep trying but it's still not letting me in.

If I then log in as admin / admin again it lets me in (but then I'm back to square one resetting the password) - I seem to be going around in circles ... please help!!  sad

EDITED TO ADD:

I also get this errror message when I log on as admin / admin

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(c:/phpmysql/tmp\sess_4533badddf04891cb148385b7e262da7, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) (auth.php, line 34)
Warning: could not save gallery data to data\gallerydata.txt (galleryset.php, line 292)
Notice: Installation password is still in use – please reset your password

Last edited by sian (2010-03-24 12:59:02)

Re: Unable to log in with new password

The second issue, the error message is more fundamental. That needs to be fixed first. Here's the relevant extract from the user manual:

Error messages about sessions

SvManager uses session variables to keep track of a user after the user has logged-in. A few servers are not set-up to support sessions. They will give an error message similar to the following as soon as you try to log-in to svManager:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/var/php_sessions/sess_cd4351b20419e4b1e7d8c39d21c6ba7d, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) (auth.php, line 44)

The details of the message will vary but look for session_start.

Contact your server admin or help desk and tell them you have installed a php application that is trying to start a session and quote your error message. They should be able to fix it or give you instructions to fix it yourself.

jack

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.