Topic: Dreamweaver embed doesn't work on a PC!

I've created a gallery on my mac and have embedded it using the Dreamweaver embed instructions. I've uploaded it to a test site and it works fine on Firefox and Safari on my mac but when anyone tries to view it on a PC the gallery doesnt work. The shockwave loading page appears but then just goes black. I can view the gallery swf separately on a PC so its something I've done to embed it that seems to be the problem. I have set the gallery to a specific size if that makes any difference. I've looked through all the other replies to similar problems and have tried their solutions with no luck. I don't have a lot of experience in scripts and the like so I can't see where I've gone wrong.

This is the gallery: http://www.graceunderpressure.pwp.bluey … /music.htm

Please help before I tear my hair out  sad

Re: Dreamweaver embed doesn't work on a PC!

Did you use fetch to upload the gallery? If so delete the simpleviewer.swf on the server and re-upload it using another FTP application such as filezilla or cyberduck.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

I do use Fetch, but seeing as I can view the swf file separately I thought it had uploaded okay. I'll find another ftp software and try that, thanks.

I've uploaded the swf using Filezilla and still have the same problem  sad

Did you delete the old copy before uploading it again and did you try clearing your browser's cache?

Mike Richards

Yes I did all of that. When I do a validation I get these messages:

Line 54 - The tag: "table" doesn't have an attribute: "height" in currently active versions.[HTML 4.0]
Line 56 - The tag: "table" doesn't have an attribute: "height" in currently active versions.[HTML 4.0]
Line 61 - The tag: "table" doesn't have an attribute: "height" in currently active versions.[HTML 4.0]
Line 77 - The tag: "table" doesn't have an attribute: "height" in currently active versions.[HTML 4.0]
Line 77 - The tag: "table" doesn't have an attribute: "bordercolor" in currently active versions.[HTML 4.0]
Line 81 - The tag name: "embed" Not found in currently active versions.[HTML 4.0]
Line 87 - The tag: "table" doesn't have an attribute: "height" in currently active versions.[HTML 4.0]

Also when I do a browser check I get this message:
Warning: Attributes and values for the EMBED tag vary by plug-in.  Please check that all attributes and values are valid. [Netscape Navigator 4.0, Netscape Navigator 6.0, Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0, Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5, Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0]

Do these have anything to do with it? Sorry for being so dim about all this!

Those sound like HTML errors, is the page that is giving you the errors the one you listed above? Is SimpleViewer functioning even with the html errors? Have you tried validating the code and fixing the errors?

Mike Richards

Yes that's the same page. It works on Firefox and Safari on my mac but not Internet Explorer on the PC. I'm not sure how to correct those errors, I've tried what I think they're suggesting and it comes up with the same errors.

I'm not very experienced in HTML or Dreamweaver and have only made simple sites before so I don't really understand what I'm doing wrong. I'm doing this site for a friend and he's really needing to get it sorted soon.

Thanks for all the advice on this but I've got it working now! Just had to utilise some of the code from the original index file that came with the gallery big_smile