Topic: imageTransitionType="CROSS_FADE" issue

I'm seeing a minor bug when I set imageTransitionType="CROSS_FADE" with SimpleViewer 2.02. The buttonBar keeps re-appearing whenever a new photo is displayed in autoplay. It only happens when I set imageTransitionType="CROSS_FADE". You can see the issue here:

Steps to reproduce:

1. Go to the above URL. Simpleviewer auto plays with no thumbnails and imageScaleMode="FILL".
2. Move the mouse over the stage. The buttonBar displays at bottom center with "Pause", "Back", and "Next" buttons.
3. Move the mouse out of the stage. The buttonBar fades away as expected.
4. When the next photo is autoplayed, the buttonBar re-appears. The buttonBar should only re-appear when the mouse is moved back over the stage. The buttonBar re-appears for each subsequent photo.

The problem is not seen when imageTransitionType is not specified. It is seen with imageTransitionType="CROSS_FADE". I did not test it with other transition values.

Please let me know if this expected behavior or a bug and if there are any work-arounds.

Re: imageTransitionType="CROSS_FADE" issue

you have found a bug in SimpleViewer-Pro v2.0.2. The issue is that if you mouse off the SWF, SimpleViewer is not registering the mouse out event and so shows the overlay when the next image is displayed. This issue will be fixed in the next version of SimpleViewer-Pro.

For now, one workaround is to have the controls always visible by using:

Or move the button bar off the image overlay.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Re: imageTransitionType="CROSS_FADE" issue

This bug is fixed in SimpleViewer v2.0.3.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.