Topic: autoPlay delay feature request

In version 1.9, if the user clicked on the autoplay button, the viewer would immediately go to the next photo (then wait 5 seconds before continuing).

In version 2.02, simpleviewer waits 5 seconds and then shows the next photo. (I waited until the photos were loaded before clicking the "play" button, so the delay I'm seeing shouldn't be because the next image is still loading.)

I definitely prefer the 1.9 behavior. Any chance we could get a config option to allow the developer to pick the behavior that they prefer?

Re: autoPlay delay feature request

Hi,

you are correct the autoplay start behavior was changed from v1.9. If you have 'showAutoPlayStatus' set to true then the user gets instant feedback when they toggle autoplay.

One issue with instant next on toggle autoplay is that switching back and forth makes the images progress forwards. Also, going next on autoplay may be unexpected behavior. I think preference depends on how impatient you are smile

I'll consider adding this as an option in a future version.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Well, the behavior in the new version is unexpected behavior for me. I showed my test site to someone asking for feedback about another feature and got unsolicited feedback on the delayed "play". She said she thought it wasn't working and that her browser froze. As I said, letting the developer set the behavior as an option in the .xml would let everyone configure it how they wished.

Let me know how likely this is to be in a future version. I'll get some more feedback from people who use my site, but it might be enough of a deal breaker for me to ask for a refund and I will want to do so within the 2 week period.

Cheers,
Eric

Are you setting 'showAutoPlayStatus' to true?

Felix Turner

No, I don't want that on. The user shouldn't see a message when they start/stop a slideshow (IMHO). That's like saying "you just pushed a button!" I wouldn't want that on the link to start/stop the music on my site either, for example. Or if they pushed "next" or "previous" in the button bar.

If you aren't going to allow this, that's fine. But let me know so I can request my money back.

Like I said I will consider adding this option in a future rev.

Felix Turner

'goNextOnAutoPlay' option has been added in SimpleViewer v2.0.3.

Felix Turner