Topic: Flickr Doesn't Post Images in CORRECT ORDER! help :( !

ahhh okay. this is starting to drive me crazy a bit...
For some reason the flash isn't loading my Flickr set photos in the correct order.
It doesn't do it from the set order i have on my Flickr.
It doesn't do it alphabetically.
It doesn't do it by upload date.
HOW does it choose in WHAT order to put it in?
Is there any way that I can modify it to do it by ALPHABETICAL order???

thanks in advance!

Re: Flickr Doesn't Post Images in CORRECT ORDER! help :( !

Hi,

I assume you are talking about SimpleViewer v2.0, since v1 doesn't support Flickr?

I added a section to the FAQ here: http://www.simpleviewer.net/simpleviewe … html#pro_7

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Hi Felix... thanks for the response,
but thats exactly what i am doing... i have all my images in the correct order on Flickr.  I used the batch organize, created a set, dragged and dropped them in order (which is also alphabetical, because i named then 1z, 2z, 3z, 4z...etc), but it still tosses them around in the simple viewer.
Heres the webpage:
http://giedentallab.com/ScrewRetainedGal.html
and as you can see, the full smiling set "UL12" is 2nd to last and the "UL1" image is the 8th image.

any ideas? sad

You are using SimpleViewer standard version which does not support Flickr sets. You are using a tag search to retrieve your images. Images returned from a tag search are sorted by date posted.

Change an images date posted by using Flickr Organize. Select an image and select Dates -> Date Uploaded.

Alternatively you can upgrade to SimpleViewer-Pro which supports sets and multiple Flickr sort options.

Felix Turner

Hi - is there a solution to this outside of the pro version?
I have the same prob: my pics are organised on flickr in order, they are named in order - & I've tried ascending/descending dates etc.
But - it's still throws up a random order!

Thanks

The order is not random, it's sorted by date posted. Change an images date posted by using Flickr Organize. Select an image and select Dates -> Date Uploaded.

Felix Turner

Modifying "date taken" does not make it, it has to be "date uploaded". But it seems like Simple Viewer does not "look" at hours, minutes, seconds. It "looks" only at month, day, year. In my case I have to wait almost the same number of days that I have images to order, because my flickr account is very fresh and flicr does not let You set the "date uploaded" in future nor before You registered (and it is logically correct of them).

And it takes some time to propagate changes from Flickr to Your website. I'm not sure but clearing the browsers cache might be also a good thing to do, in order to check if the Simple Viewer gallery order is affected.

Last edited by Maciej Sarna (2010-12-14 11:32:36)