Topic: Using an External Gallery Folder

I am trying to put multiple galleries on multiple html pages within my site.  Therefore I am guessing that I need to create separate folders to each gallery in my site root folder.  That is all fine and dandy but I am having repeat pathing issues and the support page on embedding the gallery is not helping. 

Here is my current file setup for my site, leaving all unrelated files and folders out:

Site Root
     photography.htm (page that SV should be embedded in)
     photogallery
          images folder
          thumb folder
          gallery.xml
          swfobject.js
          viewer.swf
     fineartgallery  (another SV gallery)
          images
          thumb
          gallery.xml
          swfobject.js
          viewer.swf

I got the photography gallery to work by moving all files to where the relative htm file was located however when I tried to add the fineart gallery it showed the photography gallery on the fineart.htm page.  I tried to rename the swf, xml and js files to correspond with the relative galleries and updated the html and that really didn't work!  Here is the current code embedded in my photography.htm:

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/swfobject/2.2/swfobject.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
var flashvars = {};
flashvars.baseURL=
"photogallery/";
flashvars.galleryURL =
"gallery.xml";
var params = {};
params.bgcolor = "000000";
params.allowfullscreen = true;
params.allowscriptaccess = "always";
swfobject.embedSWF(
"photogallery/viewer.swf", "flashContent", "768", "466", "9.0.124", false, flashvars, params);

And the gallery.xml pathing code....

<simpleviewerGallery maxImageWidth="407" maxImageHeight="407" textColor="0xFFFFFF" frameColor="0xFFFFFF" frameWidth="9" stagePadding="0" thumbnailColumns="3" thumbnailRows="4" navPosition="left" title="" enableRightClickOpen="true" backgroundImagePath="" imagePath="images/" thumbPath="thumb/">

I am guessing that the xml image and thumb paths are fine since the xml file is in the same subfolder???  I am creating my galleries with Lightroom 2.6 64-bit.  I just need someone to point out what I am doing wrong or what the problem is because to me this looks like it should work, but somewhere I'm obviously wrong.

My site: http://jkhicksdesign.com

Re: Using an External Gallery Folder

Your issue is that you are using SimpleViewer 1.x, but are using the 2.x embed code. Either switch to the SimpleViewer 2.x swf or change the embed code to use the correct embed code.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Also, it's going to be a lot easier if you keep the HTML doc in the gallery folder, as described here: http://www.simpleviewer.net/simpleviewe … l#multiple

Felix Turner

Mike,

Yes, I just went back and looked at where I downloaded the Lightroom engine for SV from and I think I ran into some confusion as to which engine to download.  Can you point me to the correct Lightroom 2 Engine that I need to use with the embed code I am currently using.  That way I can be sure that I am using the correct versions with the correct codes.  I found them here: http://lr.theturninggate.net/flash-gall … pleviewer/ but I am not sure which page I downloaded mine from because I am not on the same computer at the moment.  Also, will I need to uninstall the previous engine before installing the new one?

Felix,

I have no qualms with moving the HTML doc into the gallery folder but will it cause me to have pathing issues with the website itself?  I am completely new to this so I am not sure how this will affect the links to and from other pages.  Will I need to update the links to the affected HTML page on each HTML page that has a link to it?

I appreciate the help guys.  This is all new to me, but I'm learning quickly!

For the Lightroom SimpleViewer 2 plugin you should be using this plugin, you can also upgrade your existing galleries.

Mike Richards