Topic: Dark Thumbnails, X's for pictures - works locally but not on server

Hi all,

I usually don't have issues like this so it's kind of embarrassing to post this question on here.

I've searched for anything related to this and have found variations of my problem but none have corrected the issue.

My site, will not work off of my webserver. It loads fine locally but then messes up when uploaded.

As you can see, it has dark thumbnails and X's for the pictures.

Can anyone help me out with this issue? I've made sure the paths are correct, uploaded simpleviewer.swf, changed the save setting on my pictures for the darkness, my webserver does not have hotlink protection.... I just don't know what to do.

Re: Dark Thumbnails, X's for pictures - works locally but not on server

Going to the gallery page I'm not seeing a SimpleViewer gallery did you change the page? Usually the issue is as follows, if that does not help point us to your SimpleViewer gallery and we will take a look.

My images show locally, but not when I upload them to my webserver. What are possible problems?

If you see crosses where your images should be, check the following:

* Check your image paths and filenames exactly match the names specified in the XML file. Most servers are Case Sensitive. This means the letter cases in the filename must exactly match those in the XML document (for example ".jpg" is not the same as ".JPG"). Check Troubleshooting Pathing Problems.
    * Check if your webserver has  'Hotlink Protection' enabled. Hotlink Protection breaks SimpleViewer. Check with your webserver administrator. … #trouble_2

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.