Topic: Problem having flash load my flickr gallery...

I've done everything the site has said, embedded via Javascript, and everything to link to my flickr gallery. however, when i preview in a browser all it shows me is the grey background color where the flash gallery should be appearing. When I right click on it it tells me it isn't loaded.

I'm completely lost as to why this won't work. I've done some snooping online and have seen some people with my problem have had it solved by using Iframes, and since i'm a newbie i'm unsure of what those are. Any information is helpful and greatly appreciated!

Re: Problem having flash load my flickr gallery...

When I right click on it it tells me it isn't loaded.

This message is usually caused by using Fetch to upload your files.

Are you using Fetch (an FTP app for Mac) to upload your files? Older versions of Fetch break SWFs on upload. Upgrade Fetch or use a different FTP app, then re-upload your gallery.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

All i've uploaded through is Dreamweaver and FireFTP and i'm using Windows 7. I've been looking up things on Iframes and it seems to be the solution to my problem. Do you know anything about them? I'm completely clueless. lol

We don't recommend using iFrames. The Dreamweaver embed instructions are here: http://www.simpleviewer.net/simpleviewe … reamweaver

Felix Turner

We followed the dreamweaver embed instructions and had no progress whatsoever, only after we did it in Java we got this box. By the way this is what i'm talking about.

www.dkhuck.com

You can see the grey box there now.

I see a black page at that URL. The simpleviewer.swf file cannot be found. Did you upload it?

Felix Turner

Yes it is uploaded. When i view it there is a grey box in the upper left hand corner of the site and that's all.

Try looking at:

http://dkhuck.com//index.html

We've re-downloaded and embedded it using javascript following the instructions exactly off the website. (again)

And it's still giving us this grey square and not loading it.

http://dkhuck.com/index.html is working here on FireFox/OS X.

Felix Turner

We got it working last night, made a STUPID mistake. basic stuff blahhhh lol. Thanks for your help.

The problem was it had to load from the gallery folder, and we  had it searching just for the .xml file. So we just set the path to gallery/gallery.xml and it worked.

One final easy question. Is there a way to remove my flickr descriptions from the viewer?

Thanks again for all your help!

and to clarify, when we copied the "web" folder we renamed it to "gallery"