Topic: SV works great, but have a couple questions :)

***I am using SimpleViewer from within Lightroom 2.6 & have installed the latest (as of today) version of SV***

1. Is it possible to add images to an already exported gallery? Currently, I have to recreate the entire gallery & then include whatever image(s) I forgot to add in the first place. I'd love to simply add the image(s) into the exported folder but that is not working for me sad

2. I'd like to be able to add a description/blurb for various images. If I add Caption > Custom Text it shows for all photos. I've seen this done on other sites but cannot figure it out.

Any help would be much appreciated smile

Re: SV works great, but have a couple questions :)

I forgot to mention that I know absolutely zip about editing xml files or the like. I simply use SV from within Lightroom to create/export my galleries then FTP them to my site.

1. the easiest way to do update a gallery with lightroom is to re-export the old images with the new ones. You could also just export the new images to a different folder and then copy the images to the existing gallery folder, in addition you would have to open the new gallery.xml and the existing gallery.xml in a text editor and copy the image tags from the new gallery.xml to the existing gallery.xml.

2. Open the gallery.xml in a text editor and change the text between the caption tags. <caption>Edit this text to change the caption</caption>

You can find more info on editing the gallery.xml file here.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Mike, thank you for the great info -- I will test it out when I'm creating my next gallery, though it would've been great to be able to do this (add custom text) from within Lightroom.

Last edited by motorambler (2010-04-07 19:35:42)