Topic: svmanager login is not working

Just installed and find I cannot change the user name or the password when requested. The svmanager login change page does not record the new name or password and keeps returning a message that the user name and password do not match. I have run the test routine for compatibility and that is ok. When I go back to the admin / admin user name / login. One error message mentioned that the auth.php file could not be found, and indeed, it was not in the download package. The user.php is there.

Re: svmanager login is not working

To add to the above, this is the error message received when logging in as admin, pw = login.

1. Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/var/php_sessions/sess_c60de99d60190fd4036de77a4f38cf61, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) (auth.php, line 34)
   2. Notice: Installation password is still in use – please reset your password

Re: svmanager login is not working

I think this extract from the troubleshooting section of the user manual covers your problem:

SvManager uses session variables to keep track of a user after the user has logged-in. A few servers are not set-up to support sessions. They will give an error message similar to the following as soon as you try to log-in to svManager:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/var/php_sessions/sess_cd4351b20419e4b1e7d8c39d21c6ba7d, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) (auth.php, line 44)

The details of the message will vary but look for session_start.

Contact your server admin or help desk and tell them you have installed a php application that is trying to start a session and quote your error message. They should be able to fix it or give you instructions to fix it yourself.

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.