Topic: unable to create directory

after reading the support topics, I set all permissions to 777.

But I always get the message:
Error unable to create directory g1 (gallery.php, line 1058)

The File handling test says:

File handling tests
The test program will now carry-out a few file operations. If these produce any error messages then you should check the permissions on the ‘svmtest’ folder and all of its contents and then run the test program again. See the help document for information on file permissions.

Attempting to create test folder g1/…

Warning: mkdir() [function.mkdir]: Permission denied in /is/htdocs/wp1176076_A3ANLELF0E/www/i-event/htdocs/svmtest/filetest.php on line 89
Failed to create test folder

Attempting to copy test file gallery.xml…

Warning: copy(g1/gallery.xml) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /is/htdocs/wp1176076_A3ANLELF0E/www/i-event/htdocs/svmtest/filetest.php on line 94
Failed to copy test file

Attempting to read contents of test file gallery.xml…

Warning: file_get_contents(g1/gallery.xml) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /is/htdocs/wp1176076_A3ANLELF0E/www/i-event/htdocs/svmtest/filetest.php on line 99
Failed to read test file

Attempting to open test file gallery.xml for writing …

Warning: fopen(g1/gallery.xml) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /is/htdocs/wp1176076_A3ANLELF0E/www/i-event/htdocs/svmtest/filetest.php on line 104
Failed to open test file

Attempting to write to test file gallery.xml…
Failed to write to test file

Deleting test files …

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /is/htdocs/wp1176076_A3ANLELF0E/www/i-event/htdocs/svmtest/filetest.php on line 114
Problems with some file operations: please check file and folder permissions

what can I do ?

Re: unable to create directory

Is the test program reporting php safe mode on or off?

Are you on a Windows server or Linux? Windows servers will often let you go through the motions of changing permissions with ftp but nothing happens. You have to use a control panel supplied by your web host.

Are you sure that you are changing all the relevant files, not just the top level directories?

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.