Topic: changing background color in lightroom module

I'm working with Lightroom beta 3 (with my Mac OS X 10.5.8), where Simpleviewer module is integrated. I can change text and border color, but not background color. I want a white background. How can I do this?

Re: changing background color in lightroom module

Did you try changing params.bgcolor = "222222"; in the HTML that is generated?

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

I tried to open the index.html file to change the color in the code. But this file wouldn't open as source code in a text edit program, it displayed a dark background with some text about flash at the very top.

So I opened the gallery.xml file in text edit. I couldn't find any background color indicated in that code. so I tried adding one (copied the textColor code and changed the name to "backgroundColor"), but that didn't work either.

(xml code that comes before all the images looks like this:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<simpleviewerGallery maxImageWidth="480" maxImageHeight="480" textColor="0xFFFFFF" frameColor="0xFFFFFF" frameWidth="20" stagePadding="40" thumbnailColumns="3" thumbnailRows="3" navPosition="left" title="" showOpenButton="true" languageList="Previous,Next,Start AutoPlay,Stop AutoPlay,Play Audio,Pause Audio,Go FullScreen,Exit FullScreen,Open Image in New Window,Download Image,About,AutoPlay ON,AutoPlay OFF" backgroundImagePath="" imagePath="images/" thumbPath="thumb/">

Open the html in a text editor such as notepad and in the head of the doc change the value of params.bgcolor.

Mike Richards

Sorry, I am not a programmer, so I have very limited html knowledge.

I tried changing the part that is called "background color" (see below) to #ffffff.
The color remained unchanged.

Here is the code in the index.html file generated by Lightroom SimpleViewer. I don't see anything called params.bgcolor. Could you indicate precisely where this should be or how the code should be altered?

<html xml:lang="en" lang="en">
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8"/>
<meta name="generator" content="Adobe Lightroom"/>
<title>Site Title</title>
<!-- Download SimpleViewer at www.airtightinteractive.com/simpleviewer -->
<script type="text/javascript" src="swfobject.js"></script>
<style type="text/css">   
    /* hide from ie on mac \*/
    html {
        height: 100%;
        overflow: hidden;
    }

#flashcontent {
    }
    /* end hide */

body {
        margin: 0;
        padding: 0;
        background-color: #181818;
        color:#ffffff;
    }
</style>
</head>
<body>
    <div id="flashcontent">SimpleViewer requires Adobe Flash. <a href="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer/">Get Adobe Flash.</a> If you have Flash installed, <a href="index.html?detectflash=false">click to view gallery</a>.</div>   
    <script type="text/javascript">
        var fo = new SWFObject("viewer.swf", "viewer", "100%", "100%", "7", "#333333");   
        fo.addVariable("preloaderColor", "0xffffff");
        fo.addVariable("xmlDataPath", "gallery.xml");   
        fo.write("flashcontent");   
    </script>   
</body>
</html>

ahh ok so you are using simpleviewer 1.x not 2, change the 333333 in the following line of the HTML.

var fo = new SWFObject("viewer.swf", "viewer", "100%", "100%", "7", "#333333");
Mike Richards

Ok thanks.
I am using the simpleviewer version that is embedded in the lightroom beta 3. Maybe you should update there?

If you would like the Lightroom plugin for SimpleViewer 2 you can grab it here.

http://lr.theturninggate.net/flash-gall … eviewer-2/

Mike Richards