Topic: How can i make the gallery background transparent?

I can't seem to figure this out. Any help is greatly appreciated... Also is there anyway to freely move the gallery around the site? i need can't figure out how to actually move it either.

Re: How can i make the gallery background transparent?

I'm also having a problem with removing the full screen button. I've set the option to "false" but it's still there.

How can i make the gallery background transparent?

Which embed method are you using? Basically you need to set the parameter wmode to transparent.

Also is there anyway to freely move the gallery around the site?

What do you mean by this exactly positioning it in a page or moving it to another page?

I'm also having a problem with removing the full screen button.

Set showFullscreenButton equal to false and clear your browser's cache.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Alright that did the trick for the full screen button.

Allow me to explain my situation with moving it. I have a header that goes along the top of my page and goes down the right side a little in an "L" shape. Since it's an L shape the image itself is still registered as a square, so the gallery will only hug the bottom of the image perimeter. I want to move the gallery into this corner of my header so the header "frames" it a bit. All i'm able to do with the gallery is set it to left right or center. I've also been looking at some options to "float" it but that's not working either.

The transparency plays into this as it would make it alot easier to fine tune it's position if i don't have the lines of the gallery's edge infringing on the headers space.

I embedded using javascript and i've put the wmode to transparent but it either turns it to default color (grey) or leaves it at the color i selected (black)

Sorry for the wall of text, thanks for your help.

What is the URL of your gallery?

Mike Richards

http://dkhuck.com/

So for transparency add params.wmode = "transparent"; to your JS code as follows.

var flashvars = {};
flashvars.galleryURL = "gallery/gallery.xml";
var params = {};
params.wmode = "transparent";
params.bgcolor = "000000";
params.allowfullscreen = true;
params.allowscriptaccess = "always";
swfobject.embedSWF("gallery/simpleviewer.swf", "flashContent", "800", "600", "9.0.124", false, flashvars, params);

To position the flash use CSS with the flashContent DIV.

Mike Richards

How can i change the background color, i haven't .js file, but the gallery is works good.

Please help

thx

Last edited by tomigonzo (2010-04-27 21:16:21)