Topic: Flash detection, display HTML underneath instead

Hi guys,

I am going to buy TiltViewer-Pro for a client site soon. The client is aware that Flash is not installed on all computers, especially some of the government contacts of the client who may end up browsing this site. That's why we have planned to use the TiltViewer in just a part of the home page.

I am not used to programming flash into my pages.

In order to get maximum compatibility I would like to know if there is any code or simple solution to use so that if the browser does not have a flash viewer installed, they would receive the underlying HTML instead, with no messages about upgrading their browser, etc.

What would I need to do to accomplish this with Tiltviewer-Pro installed on the site?

Any direction to previous forum posts would work for me. I just wasn't even sure what terms to search on!

Cheers
-M

Re: Flash detection, display HTML underneath instead

simple solution to use so that if the browser does not have a flash viewer installed, they would receive the underlying HTML instead

TiltViewer uses SWFObject for embedding in HTML which does what you need by default.

Edit the 'index.html' file in the TiltViewer download. Replace the content of the 'flashcontent' div with the HTML content that you want to display for users without the required version of the Flash Player.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.