Topic: loading gallery error 8000 in CS4 Photoshop with iMac

I've tried numerous times to load the Classic SimpleViewer gallery using Photoshop CS4. It will load most of the images but then stop with the Error 8000 message: Cannot open the file because the open options are incorrect. Line:841. All of my gallery files are jpgs. I've tried moving the files within the gallery folder without any effect. My iMac has OS X, version 10.6.3.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,Jan

Re: loading gallery error 8000 in CS4 Photoshop with iMac

Possibly there are some files in that folder that are not images? That may cause the script to break.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks for replying. All of the files in the folder are jpgs.

I'm having the same error, I'm also running CS4 on an IMac

Does it happen every time you create a gallery or only sometimes? Possibly there are hidden files in the selected image folder?

Felix Turner

This issue is caused by several things such as corrupted files, file permission issues, etc. Does the error occur if you use a different set of image? If it does not then there is something wrong with one of your image files.

Mike Richards

My files are not corrupted and there are no permission issues. The error message appears each time I have attempted to create a gallery with jpg files.

@Short-Jan So it happens with any jpg? Have you tried deleting the plugin and reinstalling it? How are the jpgs being produced originally, digital cam, photoshop, etc?

Mike Richards

Yes, I've deleted the plugin and reinstalled it three different times. The jpgs are digital camera>photoshop.

@Short-Jan have you tried jpgs not produced by your digital camera?

Mike Richards

Mike,
Please notice message 4 from "pdgrafix' who has also received the same error message. I don't think the problem is with the files, but with the instructions for the OS and CS4.
To answer your question, no I have only used my own images that have all been taken with the same camera.

Please notice message 4 from "pdgrafix' who has also received the same error message. I don't think the problem is with the files, but with the instructions for the OS and CS4.

If all OSX/CS4 users were having this issue I would tend to agree, but only a few have had this issue and of those user it turned out to be a image file issue. I would suggest trying some jpgs from a know to be working source such as the example jpgs that are included with the SimpleViewer download.

Mike Richards

Please excuse my bad inglish...

Im using PC but find a way to fix this problem... Im usin CS5

1. copy the index.html from a gallery that works fine to the folder of the gallery that doesnt work
2. edit the gallery.xlm from the gallery than doesnt work, go to the lastline of the code and add this tag </simpleviewergallery>, save the gallery.xlm
3. Try to open the gallery usin index.html
4. this works for me

Good luck

PD: I really dont know the reason why the Photoshop Scrip fails making some gallery, al my files always are .jpg,same size, shot name without space... if somebody finds another way to fix this, please post... ill be gratefull...