Topic: SV Gallery Blocking Flash Navigation Submenu

Greetings!

I have exhausted my search for a solution, and must seek help:

On the following page, http://graysonpeters.com/temp/ , if you mouse over the "Gallery" button a sub menu slides down, but is hidden behind the SV gallery. I am unable to figure out how to get the gallery to stop blocking the expanding submenu.

I've tried everything from changing wmode parameters, but the menu wmode has to be transparent to avoid a white background on the menu (unless there is another way to create a transparent background for the menu movie).

My searches seem to return the same results; set wmode to transparent.  I've done that and am still having the same problem.  Can anyone please help me? 

Regards,
Gsome

Re: SV Gallery Blocking Flash Navigation Submenu

z-index does not work for flash that is why wmode is used. I can think of a couple of things you can try, set both SWFs to transparent and embed the menu after you embed the gallery in your HTML. You could switch to a non flash menu as you can get the same effects with JavaScript or CSS and they are better for SEO anyways. Or you could create a SWF that has both the menu and the SimpleViewer SWF embedded into it (see the examples in the pro download).

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

I know z-index does not work, and both SWFs are set to transparent.  I've tried changing the order in the source in which the movies are placed, but that has not affected the outcome. 

I can't embed them both into a container, as I want the menu to be statically positioned, but the gallery to stay centered on the page no matter the page width.

Is there no other option than using a DHTML or Image/JS menu?

Someone, please?  http://graysonpeters.com/temp/

Thank you,
Gsome

ps (edit) thank you miker for the suggestions, but I'd like to keep the same elements and find a way to fix this

Last edited by gsome (2010-04-27 04:47:33)

I'm really not sure there are any other options, as this is a Flash issue and not a SimpleViewer issue you might be able to find other options on Adobe's site or a Flash forum. Also your test page seems to be not working at them moment.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.