Topic: Slight brown shade over my white pictures

Hi All,

I just installed successfully the simple viewer Pro and am very happy with it. These guys did a great job!  big_smile

Unfortunately I do have a slight brown shade over my pictures. In photoshop they are all clean white, but after uploading it appears slightly brown/yellowish.

Please have a look: http://www.hennessyandsons.com

Does anyone knows a solution for this?

Thanks a lot for your support!

TomTom

Re: Slight brown shade over my white pictures

I have the same problem although my color cast is more of a pale yellow.
But same idea. I don't get true whites when viewing photos through SimpleViewer-Pro.

Jean

Have you tried the following from the FAQ?

Why do my image colors look faded when viewed in SimpleViewer?

Image colors may appear faded or washed-out when viewed in SimpleViewer. This is caused by the fact that Flash does not handle ICC Color Profiles. To make the image look the same in Flash and the browser, save your images without a color profile. Note that many browsers (including Internet Explorer) do not handle color profiles, so it is always best remove color profiles when saving images for the web.

To remove a color profile in PhotoShop:

* Do 'File' -> 'Save for Web'.
    * Uncheck 'Embed Color Profile'.
    * Check 'Convert to sRGB'.

To check if an image has a color profile attached, open it in Photoshop, then click the little right arrow icon at the bottom left of the image. Select 'Show' -> 'Document Profile'. An image without a color profile will show as 'Untagged'.

SimpleViewer-Pro includes a version of the SWF that supports ICC color profiles (Flash player 10 required). Check here for details.

http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/su … #trouble_7

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks Miker but I don't think this is the issue here.

The yellow cast I get affects every elements on the page: frame around photo, buttons, back like, etc.
I assume these elements have nothing to do with ICC Color Profiles.

It is as if there is a mostly transparent yellow layer on top of everything.

Jean

Please do a screen grab and check the color values in photoshop or similar. When I look at www.jeanparadis.com/HDR/index.html here the image frame color is #FFFFFF.

Felix Turner

That's so strange!

In fact, now that I no longer have the problem I had with my slow response in fullscreen mode, I've noticed that the color cast disappears in fullscreen mode and re-appears in normal mode.

The difference in color is so marked that there is no need for a check in Photoshop.

Is there a way for me to post a couple of screen grabs? I could show you the difference in color between normal and fullscreen modes..

Thanks for your help!!

Jean

Any thoughts on my color cast issue?

Felix, 
I know you say that when you look at my site (www.jeanparadis.com/HDR/index.html) you don't see the color cast but I do!

I could send you a screen capture of it if you want. The color cast disappears when I go to fullscreen and reappears when I return to normal mode.

Thanks,

Jean

can you screen grab and post the images somewhere I can see them?

Felix Turner

Felix,

You can view the screen captures here: http://www.jeanparadis.com/

Also, here are the entries in the gallery.xml:

backButtonURL="http://www.jeanparadis.com/index.html"
    buttonBarPosition="TOP"
    embedColor="000000"
    enableKeyboardControls="true"
    enableMouseWheel="true"
    flickrTags=""
    flickrUserName=""
    frameColor="FFFFFF"
    frameWidth="10"
    galleryStyle="COMPACT"
    imageBackOpacity="100"
    imageCornerRadius="20"
    imageDropShadow="false"
    imageFrameStyle="SQUARE"
    imageNavBackOpacity="100"
    imagePath="images/"
    imageScaleMode="SCALE"
    imageTransitionTime="1"
    imageTransitionType="CROSS_FADE"
    languageCode="FR"
    languageList=""
    maxImageHeight="800"
    maxImageWidth="1200"
    showAutoPlayButton="true"
    showBackButton="true"
    showFullscreenButton="true"
    showImageNumber="true"
    showNavButtons="true"
    showOpenButton="true"
    showThumbVisited="false"
    stageBorder="10"
    textColor="FFFFFF"
    thumbColumns="8"
    thumbDropShadow="true"
    thumbFrameHoverColor="990000"
    thumbFrameStyle="ROUNDED"
    thumbNavBackColor="FFFFFF"
    thumbNavBackOpacity="1"
    thumbNavColor="990000"
    thumbNavHoverColor="330033"
    thumbNavPadding="20"
    thumbNavStyle="TRIANGLE"
    thumbPath="thumbs/"
    thumbPosition="BOTTOM"
    thumbRows="1"
    title="Animals"
    titlePosition="LEFT"
    titleFontName="Helvetica, Arial,_sans"
    titleFontColor="#FFFFFF"
    titleFontSize="20"
    useFlickr="false"

That is very strange. The gallery looks fine here on Mac + FF/Chrome/Safari and Win + IE

What browser and OS are you using?
Do you have the latest release version of the Flash player installed? Check here: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/155/tn_15507.html
Are you using the color corrected version of simpleviewer?

Felix Turner

Felix,

To answer your questions:

What browser and OS are you using?: I am seeing the problem on both my work and home environments:
- home: Windows 7 64-bit w/ Explorer v8
- office: Windows XP Pro w/ Explorer v7 and Firefox 3.5.2

I have the latest version of the Flash player.

I replaced the simpleviewer with the color corrected one on both my existing galleries and also created a brand new one.
Same results.

The fact that not just the photos but also the screen objects (back link, buttons, page title) have the color cast and the fact that the cast dissappears in fullscreen mode seem to be important clues.

Also, when I watch the screen paint itself, I notice that the loading bar is originally white but soon after gains the color cast.

Thanks for you help!

Jean

do you see the brown shade when viewing the demo here: http://www.simpleviewer.net/simpleviewe … es/modern/

what about the example in the Pro download folder?

Felix Turner

No, no brown shade on the demo examples.

Very odd. There must be something wrong with the files that are in your gallery. The only thing I see strange is that you have 2 instances of the embed code in your HTML file. Try removing the one in the head.

Also try replacing the HTML file with the default one that comes in the download. Try re-uploading the SWF. Basically try rebuilding from scratch and see if the problem goes away.

Felix Turner

I just purchased the Pro version to take advantage of the color profile recognition.
But I am having the same issue (a color cast over the page) except the color cast that I am seeing is blue.
When I go to full screen mode, the color cast disappears.

I don't think it has anything to do with my web page's html code, because the issue is found in the example gallery that is received as part of the purchase (in: simpleviewer_pro_203 > examples > color_corrected ). When I open the "index.html" file that is sent inside the "color_corrected" folder, the page loads with a blue hue over the top of everything. This goes away in full screen mode.

I updated to the latest version of Flash, and my browsers are up to date (Safari and Firefox being the main two I use).

Any ideas?
I wonder if the issue is in the code of the .swf file...?

(And of course, thank you for any help you can offer)

Last edited by tjcutlass (2010-06-12 17:45:18)

When I open the "index.html" file that is sent inside the "color_corrected" folder, the page loads with a blue hue over the top of everything.

Can you try to replicate on a different machine? What OS are you on? Does the regular example (in the 'web' folder look OK?). Do you have the latest version of Flash v10.1 (just came out a couple of days ago)?

All I can think off is that Flash's color profile support has issues on some machines. Here the 'color_corrected' example looks fine.

Felix Turner

Sorry for the delayed reply; I was out of town.

The issue is present on my home machine: G5 tower running Mac OS 10.4.11 // Firefox 3.6.3 // Flash Version 10.1
The "web" folder version of SimpleViewer loads correctly (no hue over the top in either browser mode, or full screen mode). The "color_ corrected" example loads the sample index gallery with a blue hue over the top of the page (which goes away when the gallery is viewed in full screen mode).

Based on your suggestion, I tried loading the sample galleries onto my work machine (MacBookPro running OS 10.5.8 with Flash v10.1). Everything seems to load correctly on this machine in both Firefox and Safari. (No apparent hues when the gallery is loaded on that machine).

So in short, color correction loads correctly on one of my machines, but not the other. Kind of a bummer, since I do my editing on my desktop.

Is there any reason why it works in Full Screen mode, but has a hue in browser viewing?
I can probably live with it, assuming the majority of machines out there don't experience the problem (specifically clients of mine).
[Anyone else out there reading this thread notice any hues when working with ICC and flash?]

Anyway, I appreciate the help! I still have to do some more experimenting and now try utilizing the ICC support and hope that it publishes correctly.

Thanks for the response! I'm glad that administrators reply at SimpleViewer (unlike some other forums).

Cheers

Hi,

sounds like this is indeed a bug in the flash player on older versions of OSX. Unfortunately I dont have OS 10.4 to test with here.

One thing to try is setting the SWF wmode to transparent. Add this code above the SWFObject line in the HTML document:

params.wmode = "transparent";

If that doesn't help the workaround is to save your images without a color profile and use the regular version of the SWF.

Felix Turner

Bingo! Adding that code removes the color cast that I was experiencing on my desktop system!

So, are there any drawbacks to adding that line of code? (I am not necessarily the most code-savvy page creator).
With that new item added to the html file, does it affect color rendering, or the ICC support? In essence: what does that piece of code do while it is also fixing the color issue I was having on my system...?

If there are no major drawbacks, then thank you! I think it solves it.

Very much appreciated!

After enabling transparency mode:

<script type="text/javascript">
            var flashvars = {};
            flashvars.galleryURL = "gallery.xml";
            var params = {};            
            params.allowfullscreen = true;
            params.allowscriptaccess = "always";
            params.bgcolor = "#191919";
            titleFontSize = "10px";
            swfobject.embedSWF("simpleviewer.swf", "flashContent", "100%", "100%", "9.0.124", false, flashvars, params);
        </script>

the backgrond is transparent, BUT i get this strange artifact around text ?

see sample below:
http://lightimagination.net/files/text.png
http://lightimagination.net/tw/tempest/

how to resolve this ?
Latest Safari 5. It does the same artifact with older version 1.9 i believe:
http://lightimagination.net/tw/tempest2

When i try latest Firefox 3.6.3, the SV version 2 doesn't even load in Firefox !
But the version 1.9 loads in Firefox fine with no artifacts around the text. So that makes me believe the TEXT is a browser issue ?

Why the V2 does't load it in Firefox though ?

Last edited by photographer (2010-06-22 07:31:11)

@photographer

the backgrond is transparent, BUT i get this strange artifact around text ?/

I'm not seeing text artifacts in Windows with Firefox, Chrome or IE, it may be a mac issue.

When i try latest Firefox 3.6.3, the SV version 2 doesn't even load in Firefox !  ...Why the V2 does't load it in Firefox though ?

Did you upload the SWFs using fetch? If so install another FTP Client such as cyberduck or filezilla, delete the swfs from the server, upload the swfs again using the new FTP Client, clear your browser's cache and reload the page. Also you should move the JavaScript to the head of your doc for SimpleViewer 2.

Mike Richards

Hi
I just installed the newest Pro version (i am a new user also)  and have the same propblem whit the color. I did try to find a solution as given before, with the extra line on my page:

But it seems the newest pro version has other code and it does not work, if have this code:

<script type="text/javascript" src="svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script>
    $(document).ready(function () {
        SV.simpleviewer.load('sv-container', '100%', '100%', '333333',true);
    });
    </script>
    <div id="sv-container"></div>

Problebe i must try this "transparant"-thing somwere else ore in a other manner?
The Yello/brown cast is in 3 browsers vissible, but verry strong (made it unusefull) in Firefox.

Sorry for my poor English, hopefully you understand and some one knows a solution.
Thanks in advance!!

Dirk.

To set the wmode parameter to 'transparent' in the embedding code for SimpleViewer v2.1, use the following code sample:

<script type="text/javascript" src="svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script>
var flashvars = {};
flashvars.galleryURL = "gallery.xml";
var params = {};
var attributes = {};
attributes.id = "svInstance";
$(document).ready(function () {
SV.simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "100%", "100%", "222222", true, flashvars, params, attributes);
});
</script>
Steven Speirs

Steven!

It works!!

Thanks voor your fast reply!!!!!!

Dirk.

Hi Steve,

After some test, it seems i lost de yellow/brown color. I am glad whit it!
However, a new smaller problem show up with this new code.

In Firefox and Chrome the mousweel scroll function does not work anymore (to go from picture to picture by your mousweel).

In Windows Explorer it works ok and as before.

Any idee how to solfe this??

Thanks in advance.
Dirk