Topic: Add a new field

Hi everybody,
I use svmanager for manage my galleries and I need a description for each gallery (like the title).

How can I add a new field description which can be modify in admin part and visible in index.php ?

Thanks for your help.

Re: Add a new field

I can't think of any easy way to do this automatically from svManager. Adding a field would require a lot of change to the svManager code. You could of course create your own static index page in html but you'd need to update the html every time you add a gallery.

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.

I'm looking to do this as well. It shouldn't be that hard in theory. You would need to add in another input field into the page svmimages.php - and make that form send information to write an extra line in the gallery.xml file.

Obviously, it's more complex then that. However someone here has to have some insight to doing this?

- and make that form send information to write an extra line in the gallery.xml file

The gallery xml file is basic to both SimpleViewer and svManager and the way they communicate with each other. It is of course possible to change the structure but it isn't simple and you wouldn't get any official support for that.

I've tried to think of an easy way to achieve what you want but no brilliant ideas so far.

jack

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.