Topic: more than 100 photos

i have problem in images page on svmanager, when i have more than 99 photos, i can't delete photos, or add caption, when i press update nothing happend...
i have version 1.6.6
and
Test    Result    OK?
Php version    5.2.13    ✔
Safe mode    off    ✔
GD graphics library version    2.0.34    ✔
XML parser functions    available    ✔

Last edited by hunterkrk (2010-04-29 11:37:27)

Re: more than 100 photos

anybody?

I haven't heard of anyone with this problem before and I can't think why it might happen. I'll try to reproduce it on my server.

Which viewer are you using?

Anything else you could tell us that might give a clue?

jack

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Mmm, bit of a puzzler. I've just created a SimpleViewer gallery in svManager with 112 images and no problems.

Could the 99 be coincidence? Could there be something else wrong like a corrupted image file???

Are there any strange characters in your file names? SvManager 1.6.6 should handle most non-alphanumeric characters but it's worth checking.

Do you have access to the detailed access logs on your server? You could check for error messages at the same time as you press the update button.

jack

Jack Hardie

I'am using simpleviewer pro 2.0.3
I have build another test galerry, and when I have 99 photos in it, everything works fine.
When I upload one more photo, I can't add caption or remove anything..
filenames is something like that: DSC_1893.jpg
and the xml is:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<simpleviewergallery
maxImageWidth = "800"
maxImageHeight = "600"
textColor = "0xffffff"
frameColor = "0xffffff"
frameWidth = "20"
thumbColumns = "3"
thumbRows = "4"
thumbPosition = "LEFT"
title = "SimpleViewer Gallery"
showOpenButton = "true"
showFullscreenButton = "true"
useFlickr = "false"
flickrUserName = ""
flickrTags = ""
languageCode = "AUTO"
languageList = ""
galleryStyle = "MODERN"
imagePath = "images/"
thumbPath = "thumbs/">

I have acces to my server, but nothing is there.. mayby I will try on diferrent server..

Idea 1
Have you tried a different browser?

Idea 2

I have acces to my server, but nothing is there..

I've looked at the access logs on my server. What I'm seeing is a GET request for /svmanager/svmimages.php, then over a hundred GET requests for each of the thumbnail images, then a POST request when I hit the Update button. Does your access log have something similar?

Idea 3
One more thing you could try. Edit the file svmanager/includes/constants.php and find the line:

// Set DEBUG to true for detailed error messages
define('DEBUG', false);

Change this to:

define('DEBUG', true);

It just might give us some more information. Change it back when you've finished.

And then I'm running out of ideas

jack

Jack Hardie

I found error log, and when I have more than 99 photos.. when I press update something like this appears in error log:

[notice] mod_fcgid: call /srv/home/fit93491/fotoslubna/svmanager/svmimages.php with wrapper /usr/local/cpanel/cgi-sys/php5

Aha – we have a clue. The short answer is tell your web server support/admin about the problem, forward the error message and ask them if they can fix it at their end.

Here's the long answer, which might give you a bit of background information / leverage with your support people. I'm not an expert on the finer points of setting up a web server but I can maybe guess what's happening. Here's an extract from the Apache manual:

mod_fcgid is a high performance alternative to mod_cgi or mod_cgid, which starts a sufficient number instances of the CGI program to handle concurrent requests, and these programs remain running to handle further incoming requests.

...and here's a quote from the mod_fcgid manual

Description:    Max process count of one class of FastCGI application
Syntax:    FcgidMaxProcessesPerClass value
Default:    FcgidMaxProcessesPerClass 100
Context:    server config, virtual host
Module:    mod_fcgid

Like I say, I'm not an expert but that figure of 100 is looking suspicious to me.

Afaik, you are the first one to hit this problem but there may be others in the future so I'd be interested to hear if your server people come up with any helpful suggestions.

jack

Jack Hardie

I wrote to the administrator server, and I replied that:

"I would like to inform you that the web server runs on suhosina
which protects the boards GET / POST to 100 pieces, Currently suhosin extension for your account has been disabled."

And now everything is working fine
Thank you for your help