Topic: Problem with dynamic generated path to xml file

I have tried make integration SimpleViewer with Quick.Cms.Lite. I have created function which generate xml file basing on database of this CMS (I want have possibility to add pictures by admin panel). And everything works ok. You can see example of generated xml file here: … lFile=true

The problem is when I try to use this address in tag:

<param name="flashvars" value="galleryURL=,1&xmlFile=true">

it is not working. The gallery should be visible here: … o-firmie,1
Xml file is correct because when I saved it as gallery.xml (copied content from browser) gallery works perfect. I have try to use relative path also but without effect. Always the same error: "Cannot Parse Gallery XML"
Can somebody have experience with this kind of problem?

Re: Problem with dynamic generated path to xml file

Change the param to the followin:

<param name="galleryURL" value=",1&xmlFile=true">

Also you should add <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> to the top of the XML.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

I'm running into this exact same issue and changing the it to param from flashvars does not work.

With my code as

<object height="100%" width="100%" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="simpleviewer.swf" id="flashContent" style="visibility: visible;">
    <param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"><param name="bgcolor" value="222222">
    <param name="galleryURL" value="">

I'm getting Gallery XML Not Found however if I save the exact same XML to blah.xml and reference it as flashvars.galleryURL it will work, but the dynamically generated XML will not work either way..

I'm also running into a similar issue with the images files in gallery.xml themselves..

If I paste the full qualified URL into the imageURL then it will not pull up, but if I put in just the path they work just fine.
Any help you can give would be appreciated.

@HoosierCoder is your gallery online? If so please post the URL of the gallery.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.