Topic: Everything but download button working

I've set up a Pro version gallery and it's working well, 379 images, configured with svBuilder without any trouble.  I selected the option for fullscreen and to show the download button and even changed the mousover color for the download button.  The gallery works perfect (thank you for that....glad I bought the pro version) but the download link doesn't work.  I can also right click on the image and "Download Image" is an option but it doesn't work.  I can open in another page just fine, go full screen, and play a slideshow.

I've tried searching but couldn't find anything. Any ideas where to look?  I'm about to turn off the download button and just leave the open in new window option but figured I'd ask.

Re: Everything but download button working

Are you testing on a web server? Download functionality only works when the gallery is viewed on a web server.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Yes.  It's running on a webserver and can be seen here http://babiesindavis.com/photos/Reunion2009c/

What web browser/OS are you using?

Mike Richards

Windows XP with IE 8.

I think this is an IE security issue cause by the 'Mark of the Web' that was added in SV 2.0.3. Try editing the 'index.html' file. Delete the first line that looks like this:

<!-- saved from url=(0014)about:internet -->

Let me know if that works. Thanks.

Felix Turner

== Solved - see post below.

That didn't change anything.  I did notice when changing that line though the host was delaying changes I made by ftp and the site.  I deleted that line and refreshed the browser, checked the page source and the line was still there.  Shortly after that I refreshed again and the changes showed up.   Host has a public_html and www folder with copies of the same files.  It seems they also have a cached version outside of this that updates immediatly with new files but very small changes seem to take about 5-10 min to show up.  Never had this before but definately a host side problem there...hopefully transient.  Figured I'd mention it in case it made a difference when considering the other things I tried.

I renamed the images and thumbs folder to images-x and thumbs-x and created new folders for images and thumbs, uploaded a handfull of temp images and ran buildgallery.php leaving the captions and link underlining checked since i had unchecked them with the original gallery.  Changes again took 10 min to show up and host was showing the original gallery completely intact even though I could see by FTP that the folders were renamed.  Oh well, waited and it eventually synced up and I had a completley working gallery with about 7 new images.  The download button worked just fine.  Figured maybe I just messed something up when building the orignal gallery so I deleted the temp images and restored the originals to the correct locations then ran buildgallery again leaving the comments and link underlining checked (just in case that was an issue).  Once updated, the comments and links were there but the download button once again didn't work.

Took it one step further and loaded a copy of the xml file from the temp gallery I had made and after waiting on the server to update, the gallery showed about 7 X's as expected since the temp images were gone.  Funny thing was it would go through the motions of saving a file when download images button was pushed... of course the file wouldn't save since the image didn't exist.   I compared a working XML from the temp files to the XML from the full gallery and there are no differences other than the number of images in the gallery.

I think I'll pull all images off the server and put only 100 or so and test it out.  If I can get the download button working I'll try adding more images to see what happens.  Any ideas?

Last edited by EZMD (2010-05-15 23:54:38)

Got it!

Built a gallery with 48 pics and still didn't work.  Put some temp pictures back and one picture from the original gallery.  There were 6 pics in all 3 of them had spaces in the name.  The ones without spaces would download but the others would not.  All of my gallery pictures had been renamed with spaces!  DOH!

Now I'm sure somewhere in the documentation it may say to not have spaces in the names but like a big dummy I've missed it.   Not to mention it's good html practice to not use spaces.... I know!   big_smile   Just wish I would have thought of this first!

Renamed files and rebuilt gallery and all is well.

Thank you again for helping with this.

Last edited by EZMD (2010-05-15 23:52:58)

I am having this same issue with getting my download button to work but I have followed the directions in these posts and still not having success. 

I am using svBuilder-Pro 2.1 and am trying to view the online page through the latest version of Firefox.  Here is the page I am trying to allow downloads from:  http://www.donofro.com/rebrand

I have removed all spaces from the file names and it brings up the download dialog box but when I hit the save button, it closes the dialog box but doesn't save the file.

Any help would be appreciated!

@todddouglasphoto

Thanks for reporting.
This is a known bug with v2.1 Pro.

Steven Speirs

Until the v2.1.1 bugfix comes out the workaround is to use absolute URLs for your imageURLs.

Felix Turner