Topic: File size measured before image resize?

I am using svManager with 'resize image' turned on. everything works with when the original image is < 2mb. However when I try to upload a photo which is greater than 2 MB it says that the image is too big. The images which do get through ( < 2mb)  all end up around 250kb after resize. So it seems to me that it is measuring the filesize before it resizes the image.

How can I fix this? What I want is:
1. I drag a 4mb image onto the java applet.
2. it resizes it down to the specified dimensions (which should produce a file no bigger than around 300kb)
3. it uploads it without complaining.

Is there a setting I need to change somewhere?

Thanks a lot,

Re: File size measured before image resize?

You are correct – that's the way it works. I don't know of any way to get it working the way you want it without risking server errors.

There is a way around it though – increase the upload limit on the server to say 8MB. Here's the relevant manual entry:

File size limit on the upload screen

The file size limit on the upload screen is calculated from the values of two configuration directives in the php.ini file on your server: post_max_size and upload_max_filesize. The memory limit is the lesser of these two values.

If you have access to the php.ini file then you can increase the values of these two directives.

If you don't have access to php.ini, then your web host should be able to change it for you.

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.