Topic: Notice: unable to delete image file TS Aug

I am using the svManager to manage my SimpleViewer galleries. I am having trouble deleting images from the gallery and get the following error:

1. Notice: unable to delete image file TS Aug (175).jpg
   2. Notice: unable to delete thumbnail TS Aug (175).jpg
   3. Notice: unable to save preferences to family/preferences.txt
   4. Notice: unable to write xml to file family/gallery.xml
   5. Notice: unable to save gallery data to family/gallery.xml file

I have tried changing the permissions so that those actual files are writable on the server but I get the following error:

Could not change permissions of "preferences.txt". Error -142: remote chmod failed

Can you please advise what I need to do to fix this problem.
Thanks!

Re: Notice: unable to delete image file TS Aug

Hi, does anybody actually read this forum? Nobody has replied to my post yet.
Thanks

I don't know why your earlier post was overlooked – sorry you've had to wait so long for a reply.

You do need to change the permissions.

Could not change permissions of "preferences.txt". Error -142: remote chmod failed

It looks like your server is not allowing you to change permissions. On a Linux server it's usually possible to change permissions with ftp. On a Windows server, it's not always possible to use ftp and usually some form of control panel is provided to change permissions.

I think your best next step it to send the error message quoted above to your server helpdesk and ask them how to change permissions.

jack

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks for the reply Jack, I'll get in contact with the host and try to sort it out.
Will let you know how I go.