Topic: Can I add a background image to my embed gallery

I found this:

19. Can I add a background image to my gallery?

Yes. Use the backgroundImagePath XML Option to specify a relative or absolute path to a JPG or SWF to load as the gallery background. Relative paths are relative to the HTML document that contains SimpleViewer.

For example, to add a background image called 'back.jpg', copy the image to your gallery folder and add this at the top of gallery.xml:

backgroundImagePath = "back.jpg"

But the code indside of my html document rules the xml file.

params.bgcolor = "FFFFFF";

If i remove that the background will become black. I dont think it reads the gallery.xml file :S

Can someone tell me how to set the background when embedding?

Re: Can I add a background image to my embed gallery

Yes. Use the backgroundImagePath...

That quote comes from the SimpleViewer version 1.9 FAQ. Are you using version 1.9 or the latest version 2? To add a background image to the gallery in SimpleViewer 2, you will need the pro version.

And do you want a background on the gallery itself or the whole html page where your gallery is embedded?

jack

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.

jack wrote:

Yes. Use the backgroundImagePath...

That quote comes from the SimpleViewer version 1.9 FAQ. Are you using version 1.9 or the latest version 2? To add a background image to the gallery in SimpleViewer 2, you will need the pro version.

And do you want a background on the gallery itself or the whole html page where your gallery is embedded?

jack

Hmm i got a div where the main content is. This div got a background, i want the simpleviewer to be transperent or use the same background as my div.

To make the Flash movie transparent please see the entry in the SimpleViewer 2 FAQ or see Item 32 in the SimpleViewer 1.9 FAQ.

You can set these parameters by editing the gallery index.php file created by svManager.

These issues are maybe more to do with SimpleViewer itself than with svManager so you might also get some help in the SimpleViewer forums.

jack

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.