Topic: Problem Upgrading Existing v1.9-Pro Galleries to v2-Pro

I have the latest version of SVPro v2 and it's been working great with building new galleries.

I'm now trying to upgrade an existing v1.9 gallery.  I replaced the .swf with the new v2Pro one.  I can open it in AutoBuilder and I can make changes.  I then save the changes.

When I try to open the newly updated gallery in a browser I just get a blank page.  I've checked the info on the gallery.xml file and it has been modified.

Also, what do I do with the old swfobject.js file?

Thank you, thank you,

Anthony

Re: Problem Upgrading Existing v1.9-Pro Galleries to v2-Pro

In the HTML did you change viewer.swf to simpleviewer.swf?

Upgrading 1.9 Galleries to v2.0

It's easy to upgrade your existing SimpleViewer-Pro galleries to v2. The original options, images and captions will be preserved.

To upgrade your gallery, follow these steps:

1. Make a copy of your v1.9 gallery folder.
   2. Copy web/simpleviewer.swf from the v2 pro download into your new gallery folder.
   3. Edit index.html in existing gallery folder using a text or HTML editor:
          * Change viewer.swf to simpleviewer.swf
          * add fo.addParam("allowFullScreen","true");
          * add fo.addParam("allowScriptAccess","always");
   4. (Optional) Increase thumbnail size from 65 to 75 px. SimpleViewer will scale up smaller JPGs, but to get maximum thumbnail image quality should increase size.

http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/pr … grade.html

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Mike,

Thank you, that's seems to have done the trick.  I looked around a lot last night and never saw those instructions.

Now, I have a dozen or so galleries that I'd like to update in this way.  Can I copy and use this new index file that I just changed or will I have to write this code in all of the others.

Again, thank you!

Anthony

If all the pages are the same then you should be able to reuse the HTML you just changed.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.