Topic: SimpleViewer v2 Embedding Issues

Hi.

I am attempting to embed a SimpleViewer gallery (generated with picasa) into my website.

Following the directions found Here: http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/su … dding.html.

I am having a difficult time wrapping my brain around step 2: Copy the entire contents of your SimpleViewer gallery folder into the folder that contains your HTML page. If you want to embed to a separate external gallery folder, check here.

An index.html is generated in the gallery creation process, and having the two in my root directory is a bit conflicting.

Can i keep all the gallery contents in a folder?  And if I can, do I need to alter the code supplied in the tutorial?

Thanks in advance.

Re: SimpleViewer v2 Embedding Issues

An index.html is generated in the gallery creation process, and having the two in my root directory is a bit conflicting.

If you don't want to use the index that is generated then you need to add the snippet of code in the embedding example to your existing page.

Can i keep all the gallery contents in a folder?  And if I can, do I need to alter the code supplied in the tutorial?

You can either keep the gallery contents in its folder or you can dump its contents into your root directory it's up to you. If you keep the gallery contents in a separate folder form the HTML page that you are embedding the gallery into you will have to adjust the pathing in the code. You can see an example of linking to another folder here.

Give it a try and if it doesn't work post the URL of your gallery and we will take a look at it.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.