Topic: Back Button fine in 1.85 not working in 1.9 in IE fine in FF

I have been using what was working fine from this thread for quite a while: http://www.simpleviewer.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=6050 to create a back button in the top left corner of my galleries without editing the flash.  Worked great with pro version 1.8.5.

Unfortunately I have switched to the last v1.x version I can use without paying again (1.9 I believe) :) and it is not working in IE though it works fine in FireFox.

I did make a change to the line after looking the code over a bit.

Here is the code I have in index.html now:

<body>
<div id="header" &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<< <a href="JavaScript:history.back(1)" 
        style="color:#fff; font-size:14;">Go Back</a></div>
<div id="flashcontent">SimpleViewer requires.......

Can someone please help?

I can't post a link to the gallery because my client's site is still in development - but I will if absolutely necessary to resolve this.

Thanks!

Re: Back Button fine in 1.85 not working in 1.9 in IE fine in FF

Here is the code I have in index.html now:

<body>
<div id="header" &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<< <a href="JavaScript:history.back(1)"
<div id="flashcontent">SimpleViewer requires.......

Looks like you are missing a > for you header div and I would replace the << with &lt;&lt;
Try:

<body>
<div id="header"> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&lt;&lt; <a href="JavaScript:history.back(1)" 
<div id="flashcontent">SimpleViewer requires......
Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

miker wrote:

Looks like you are missing a > for you header div and I would replace the << with &lt;&lt;

What a dork!  You are exactly right, a missing ">".

Added it back in and it is working fine in IE and FF now.

Thank you!

Right now the "back" part of the gallery is a black stripe at the top that says << Back and is live link as it should be.  If I wanted to change the background color (the stripe color, the color behind the text in that header) to a different color, can you tell me what to add, if you would not mind?

Currently:
<div id="header"> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&lt;&lt; <a href="JavaScript:history.back(1)"

You should be able to set the color with CSS for div tag.

Mike Richards

miker wrote:

You should be able to set the color with CSS for div tag.

I was hoping there might be a simple way to set the background color the same way I can set the font size and color inline in the style section:

style="color:#fff; font-size:14;"

But I don't know what it would be called, background:#9ff; or something like that.

(for you folks reading this months or years later, a good color picker hex chart is here:
http://html-color-codes.com

Have you tried the CSS property background-color?

Mike Richards

You sent me in the right direction (not a web designer myself, my wife does all the heavy lifting):

<div id="header" style="color:#FFFF99; font-size:14; font-weight:bold; background-color:#000099;"> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&lt;&lt; <a href="JavaScript:history.back(1)">Go Back</a></div>

This worked great except only the << is in the correct color #FFFF99 (yellow), the Go Back is in gray.

Any suggestions smile

Hi,

unfortunately we cannot offer general web development support. We can only answer SimpleViewer specific questions. Try doing a web search for HTML questions.

Felix Turner

Any normal people out there who might know css/html and would want to chime in on this?

all you have to do is add your styling to the <A> tag as the go back text is a link and not normal text.

Mike Richards