Topic: SimpleViewer requires JavaScript and the Flash Player. Get Flash.

I need help with the following. I checked FAQ but couldn’t find an answer though there were plenty of people asking the same question when I googled it however I still can’t work it out. Be nice because I am old 

After I put the code in my page I see the message 'SimpleViewer requires JavaScript and the Flash Player', even though I have Flash installed.

I did the following

First check here to determine the version of Flash you have installed. If you have Flash 8 or higher installed and you still see the message:
•    Check javascript is not disabled in your browser settings.
•    Check you have uploaded the 'swfobject.js' file in your simpleviewer gallery folder.
•    Make sure you are using the latest version of SimpleViewer.

but am still doing something wrong. I have no problem with the free version of Simpleviewer . It is only since purchasing the Pro version that I have had trouble.

I am using the demo gallery folder and installing the code in the correct place. I think!

I am not sure about the 'swfobject.js' file but I downloaded ‘swfobject_2_2’ and unzipped it in the ‘gallery’ folder. (I am going to guess that this is not quite right)

EDITED HERE:
I have finally got Simpleviewer Pro working here
http://www.brucemac.com.au/wedding_phot … index.html

But when I put it into the HTML page it comes up like this (oops now I can't find the page  sad )

PS I am still editing but there is no way to save this while I look for stuff! This is driving me nuts. I will come back tomorrow if I haven't shot myself.

Cheers
John

Last edited by johndwyer (2010-06-24 13:20:13)

Re: SimpleViewer requires JavaScript and the Flash Player. Get Flash.

When I go to where your simpleviewer.swf should be I get a 404 error. I would double check that you uploaded it or that your path to it is correct in your embed code.

http://www.puppydogsandpeople.com/Simpl … viewer.swf

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Re: SimpleViewer requires JavaScript and the Flash Player. Get Flash.

Hi Mike,

Thanks for answering. I will start again but I am in information overload at the moment.

Cheers
John.