Topic: Picasa Export and svManager

Hello,

I am seriously looking at purchasing svManager but wanted to ask a queation first.

I currently use Picasa to manage my library and plan on using the export HTML feature to create the Simpleviewer galleries.
Can I upload these direct to my site and have svManager locate and use them (I am assuming using the 'import' feature)

Or would I have to remake every gallery within svManager?

If it makes a difference too, I am using the latest export tool available from the simpleviewer website.

Cheers for your help.
Robert.

Re: Picasa Export and svManager

I haven't actually tried that but svManager should be able to import any gallery as long as the gallery.xml file has the standard structure.

jack

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks for the reply Jack.

Guess I will have to try it and hope for the best! If it doesnt work, I'll be sure to post back here!

Robert

Hi Jack,

Firstly I have had sucessess exporting from Picasa and uploading and importing the galleries to my website.

I have however noticed that when I am editing the galleries I cant see any of the thumbnails in the "Images" & "Sort" screens. this makes it a bit difficult to use either of these two screens.

Can you have a look into this and see if it is just me? or maybe a little bug??

Cheers, I am really liking Svmanager so far.

Robert.

If you'd like to email me via the forum and give me your svManager url, user and password, I'll take a quick look to see if I can spot the problem.

jack

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.

You have mail.

Robert