Topic: Download link to original

I'd love to have a XML-parameter like "PathToOriginalImages", so I can use resized images for the SV Pro gallery, and a seperate directory containing the originals. So when the user clicks the download-button, he/she downloads the actual original camera-file instead of the resized copy from the gallery.

Maybe in a next version?

Re: Download link to original

Hi,

thanks for the suggestion. You can get something close to what you want by using the 'open image in new window' button. You won't get a direct download but the user will have the option to save the large version via the browser.

1) upload your large images to a sub-folder of the gallery folder.
2) Edit gallery.xml. Set the 'linkURL' attribute on each image tag to point to the required large image URL.
3) Change the tooltip text on the 'open image' button to say something like 'Open large version', by using the 'languageList' option

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

The solution you posted works great Felix, thanks.

Just wanted to chime in that I also think it'd be great to be able to point the download image button to the linkURL rather than the imageURL to keep the download icon and wording.

Thanks!

Did this feature ever get added?

It would be great if you could point the download button to a different directory. For example, I have 3 folders; Images (holds originals), Display (holds resized originals for SimpleViewer) and thumbs (holds thumbs for SimpleViewer). So It would be great if I could point the download link to the Images folder so that the user can download the original image.

Thanks,

Matt.

The 'Download Image' button still points towards the imageURL rather than the linkURL.
Felix's suggestion above is still the recommended alternative solution.

Steven Speirs

Thanks Steven,

I have implemented that method for now although it seems a little messy. Are there any plans to link the Download Image button to the linkURL in a future release?

Thanks,

Matt.

Are there any plans to link the Download Image button to the linkURL in a future release?

Not that I am aware of. However, please post feature requests in this thread so that they are not overlooked. Thank you.

Steven Speirs