Topic: autoviewer embedding

I embedded the coding into dreamweaver CS4 as the support section suggested but when i 'view in browser' i get the link saying i need flash player, which i already have. The html file works fine but when i try to view it as part of my website that is when i have the issue.

also if i am wanting to embedd more than one autoviewer do i just save the .swf or the .js or what under another name?

Last edited by jina11 (2010-06-21 10:53:43)

Re: autoviewer embedding

I embedded the coding into dreamweaver CS4 as the support section suggested but when i 'view in browser' i get the link saying i need flash player, which i already have. The html file works fine but when i try to view it as part of my website that is when i have the issue.

What is the URL of the page you are having issues with?

also if i am wanting to embedd more than one autoviewer do i just save the .swf or the .js or what under another name?

The easiest way to create multiple galleries is to place each gallery in its own folder. If that is not how you would like to do it you can spesify the gallery XML the viewer should load in each of the gallery's html using the xmlURL param. If you do it that way you only need one copy of the swf and swfobject.js

fo.addVariable("xmlURL", "theGalleryXMLFileName.xml");

http://simpleviewer.net/autoviewer/support/options.html

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

How do I embed AutoViewer using SWFObject.js version 2.2 (as shipped with simpleviewer) ?

@ironman  You would use something like this in the head of your HTML and add a flashContent div to your body.

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/swfobject/2.2/swfobject.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
    var flashvars = {};
    flashvars.xmlURL = "gallery.xml";
    flashvars.langOpenImage = "Open Image in New Window";
    flashvars.langAbout = "About";
    var params = {};            
    params.allowscriptaccess = "always";
    swfobject.embedSWF("autoviewer.swf", "flashContent", "100%", "100%", "9.0.124", false, flashvars, params);
</script>
Mike Richards

Miker, i have a question. I want to embed multiple galleries of autoviewer on a same page.
With the

fo.addVariable("xmlURL", "theGalleryXMLFileName.xml");

i can run different galleries on the same folder, but if my gallery.xml is in another folder i can't set

fo.addVariable("xmlURL", "anotherfolder/thGalleryXmlFileName.xml");

I've try that thousends of time but couldn't run it. It jus appears the autoviewer but with an "X".
How can i do it? Because i don't want to have lots of differents xml all around the same folder, just want to be organized.

@heman90 fo.addVariable("xmlURL", "anotherfolder/thGalleryXmlFileName.xml"); is fine. I would double check that the path to your images, <url>images/wide.jpg</url>, is correct.

Mike Richards

Ok, i think i solved the problem. In the main folder i have the .html file, .swf file and .js file. On a subfolder called "images" i have the images and de .xml file.
Now on the .xml file, i put:

<image>
          <url>wide.jpg</url>
          <caption></caption>
          <width>700</width>
          <height>465</height>
</image>

My path to the images was from the .xml file, which was in the same folder with the pictures. So i tried what you said and i replaced it to:

<image>
          <url>images/wide.jpg</url>
          <caption></caption>
          <width>700</width>
          <height>465</height>
</image>

And that wokerd. So in conclusion, the path to witte in the .xml file of the picture must be directed from the .html file to the images.
I don't know if i make my self clear??
Thanks Miker.