Topic: "Download image" by button or 'right click' doesn't work in IE8

Like the topic says:

If you have the "Download Image"-button active (by having showDownloadButton="true" in your gallery.xml) it shows up in IE8 but does not work at all. Furthermore, if you right-click the image and select "Download Image", it doesn't do a thing in IE8 either.

Any ideas? Flashplayer is up-to-date.

(By the way: it works perfect in Firefox, Safari and Chrome on both Windows and Apple OS-X)

Last edited by BartBurkels (2010-06-22 10:46:33)

Re: "Download image" by button or 'right click' doesn't work in IE8

Does the downloading function in the following SimpleViewer example work in IE8 for you?

http://simpleviewer.net/simpleviewer/pr … es/forest/

If it does not work, what version of windows are you running? If it does work, please post the url of the page you're having issues with and we will take a look.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Also, note that Download functionality does not work locally. Your gallery folder needs to be on a web server for this to work.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Hi guys, thanks for the suggestions, but I have found the cause of the problems.

The demo-page you sent me did work in IE8, and my gallery wasn't locally, so it had to be something else.

In order to make Simpleviewer's download function to work in IE8, the filenames of the images can NOT contain spaces. If they do, de buildgallery.php will produce an XML-file that is correctly read by every browser but not by Internet Explorer.

Problem solved. Thought I'd let you guys know smile