Topic: Issues with Captions

Hi Guys,

I own both Simple Viewer and AutoViewer as well as the wonderful svManager as you can see on the following webpages:
http://www.arthanor.com/svmanager/arthanor/index_fr.php
http://www.arthanor.com/svmanager/clients/index_fr.php

However, I really have an issue with the way captions are handled in AutoViewer.  I sure found a way to position them bottom left and remove picture counts, but font shading or colors help very little to make them readable.

It looks like some of your competitors such as slideshowpro.net and smoothgallery.jondesign.net have found a way to address this issue, so before I decide to move to one of them, I thought I would first address my issue to you guys.

According to this forum, I am not the only one addressing this issue, so it would be great if you guys could help with a better reply than "hire a developper"...

Many thanks and best regards,

David

Re: Issues with Captions

If you have AutoViewer Pro you can edit the source and add a symbol behind the captions to get a similar effect.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your reply.  I know I can edit the source, but I would like to know in detail the paths that I need to do to achieve this.  Can you please help ?

Thanks,

David

Look in image.as around line 96 you will find the caption movie clip is mcCaption simply add a background color or a symbol to the movie clip and republish the swf. If you don't know how to add a background color or a symbol simple Google search will give you a lot of tutorials.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Hi Miker,

Ok.  This is the best I could do.

http://www.arthanor.com/svmanager/clients/index.php

There was no way for me to give a transparent effect to the background, so with this solution, the fonts got a bit transparent as well. 

Here is the code from image.as, around line 106:

if (Options.showCaptions){           
            mcCaption.attachMovie("Caption","mcCaption",mcCaption.getNextHighestDepth());   
            mcCaption.mcCaption.txtCaption.background = true;
            mcCaption.mcCaption.txtCaption.backgroundColor = 0x333333;
            mcCaption.mcCaption.txtCaption._alpha = 73;

mcCaption.mcCaption.txtCaption.html = true;
            mcCaption.mcCaption.txtCaption.wordWrap = true;
            mcCaption.mcCaption.txtCaption.multiline = true;
            mcCaption.mcCaption.txtCaption.autosize = true;   
            mcCaption.mcCaption.txtCaption.htmlText = "<font size='" + Options.imageNumberFontSize + "' "
                                                        + "color='" +  Options.imageNumberColor + "'>"
                                                        + caption
                                                        + "</font>"

The functions backgroundAlpha and background.alpha would not work.  Any idea on how to achieve this?

Thanks,

David

Last edited by d.hadzis (2010-06-29 06:29:18)