Topic: Protected Gallery

Hi, I recently purchased svManager and Simpleviewer Pro. I've managed to integrate svManager into Wordpress and even password protected a gallery. 'Skin' is the protected gallery. This is safe for work because I haven't put any photos in there yet.

Here's the site:

Now, these locations are still not secure: (simple to click through to the Simpleviewer gallery) (direct link to the Simpleviewer gallery) … in/images/ (exposed images directory)

What can I do to ensure that only the people that I want to see these images can see them?

Re: Protected Gallery

SvManager does not offer built-in support for password protected galleries. I don't think you'll be able to get rock-solid security on the galleries or svManager won't be able to get in there to do anything. Having said that, let's see how far we can get. (simple to click through to the Simpleviewer gallery)

You can delete and replace it with an index.html that says something like 'you have reached this page in error' with a link to the home page.

Similar approach would help. Add an index.html file so the user does not see the listing of image files. (direct link to the Simpleviewer gallery)

I can't think of an easy way to protect this one and still give access to svManager. Would it be possible to turn your protection off temporarily when updating the gallery with svManager?

Anyone else out there with any experience of this issue?

Jack Hardie
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Yeah, it would be fine in my case to manually shuffle a file or two in order to have the security and painless updating. But I'm looking to use svManager for a protected membership site and that would require good security while maintaining full functionality for the non-web savvy folk maintaining the site.

I'm probably asking too much, but svManager just makes life so easy!

@Surfeit, I also have the same concern. Hopefully SV would provide that feature in the near future. For now, it's a great tool and I cant really complain.  pokies online

hallo surfeit,
same problem than you and have recently removed the index.php page and look for an idea to rename g1 into invisible_lastnight, g2 to invisible_animals...

How did you finally protect skin from :

I also visited
and seen in source that you are using wordpress to make your menu and html page

How can we do that ?

best regards