Topic: Successful implementation.. except in IE7: "Operation Aborted"

Hi guys,

I've managed to successfully implement Tiltviewer Pro on a website I've done for a client. I went away for awhile and then some of the visitors started feeding back that they couldn't see the website properly --- the message received was "Internet Explorer cannot open this website: Operation Aborted"

After a few hours hair pulling I've narrowed the problem down to Internet Explorer 7.0 (perhaps 6.0?) and the flash embed script. Something about the way the script is running is causing it IE7.0 to crash and burn.

In my coding, the content being replaced by the flash content also has some javascript in it, it's a looped slider. After turning that javascript off I still generate the Operation Aborted error, so I'm back again looking at the Flash detection and replacement script.

The current version of the script is v1.5, where as i know there is version 2.2 out there. But when I try to use this script instead, the flash replacement stops working and I get the original site.

I'm really at a roadblock here and don't know enough javascript to move forward. I also tried the Kimili flash detection plugin (I have a wordpress site) and it also didn't load it successfully.

any other ideas?

the site is http://www.darwinaboriginalartfair.com.au/.

Last edited by mmtrav (2010-06-25 09:20:25)

Re: Successful implementation.. except in IE7: "Operation Aborted"

I'd start by fixing the validation errors found by feeding the URL to the validator at http://validator.w3.org/
I'll PM you a link to a cleaned-up version of the page.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 6:20 PM
Subject: waiting for prompt response
To: support@airtightinteractive.com

Hello,

We have seen the demo of tiltviewer and were interested to purchase 1 license for a client.

But before we go ahead and purchase the license.

can you please advise on the below.

We are creating a demo for a client where he want curtain pictures to animated and tiltviewer fits the need as described.
if we purchase the license and the client does not like it. can we claim the refund ?
Does the script support Ms-sql 2005/2008 database if we wish to link the images from the database.
The client website is in Classic ASP will this support
How many images can we add ?
Can the background be changed.
Height and Width can be modified.
Regards,
Pranav

if we purchase the license and the client does not like it. can we claim the refund ?

Money Back Guarantee

If for any reason TiltViewer-Pro does not meet your requirements, please email us within 14 days of your order and we'll try to resolve any issues. If we are not able to resolve your issues, we will give you a 100% refund.

I would suggest you demo the free version as it looks the same.

Does the script support Ms-sql 2005/2008 database if we wish to link the images from the database.

By default only xml and flickr are supported you could code your own support for sql using a server side language to pass the images information as a formatted data stream.

The client website is in Classic ASP will this support

TiltViewer embeds just like any other flash file, so yes.

How many images can we add ?

XML galleries have no limit on the number of images. Flickr galleries are limited to 500 images max. You can host multiple galleries.

Can the background be changed.
Height and Width can be modified.

Yes, see the configuration options in the support section.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.