Topic: 1 observation and 1 request please...

OBSERVATION:
Although the very helpful text in the new simple viewer code claims one can use basic html tags (namely the <br> tag) in the caption section - each time I attempt to do so, I get a parsing error.

- Is this a bug or am I suffering from newbie (more like oldie who has not messed with simpleviewer in several years) dementia?

REQUEST:

Could you kind folks PLEASE make the new free simpleviewer code's display of image numbers OPTIONAL?  - - - When I last used simple viewer (an older V1 level) - it did NOT display the image numbers i.e. 1/22, 2/22 and such - which I believe is visually preferable.

These numbers visually take away from the otherwise elegant look and feel of your viewer...
Which is ofcourse advertized as "simpleviewer" for all that come to the artist's online gallery to see.

Thanks so much in advance -  I'd very much appreciate being able to turn off this new "feature" and believe I may be good company.

Thanks again for your kind consideration -
Ann

Re: 1 observation and 1 request please...

Although the very helpful text in the new simple viewer code claims one can use basic html tags (namely the <br> tag) in the caption section - each time I attempt to do so, I get a parsing error.

- Is this a bug or am I suffering from newbie (more like oldie who has not messed with simpleviewer in several years) dementia?

You need to encapsulate your comments in <![CDATA[   ]]>  if you use HTML in your captions. See the examples in the download or the FAQ How do I add HTML formatting to my captions? for an example.

<![CDATA[Your caption with HTML here<br />]]>

Could you kind folks PLEASE make the new free simpleviewer code's display of image numbers OPTIONAL?

You can disable the image numbers, but currently only with the Pro version, use showImageNumber set to false.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Re: 1 observation and 1 request please...

ann wrote:

These numbers visually take away from the otherwise elegant look and feel of your viewer...
Which is ofcourse advertized as "simpleviewer" for all that come to the artist's online gallery to see.

If you're an artist and want an elegant gallery to sell/promote your work SPEND the $45.