Topic: Adding Hyperlinks

A simple question:  I'd like to use SimpleViewer (Pro?) to create some photo galleries for my website.  But I'd also like to add 1 or 2 links to other pages of my Site.  For example, I'd like to place a "Home" link below the gallery title, to give the user the option to return to my Home Page.

Is this possible, and if so, how can it be done?  It doesn't look like a simple matter of editing the index.html page.........

Thanks.

Re: Adding Hyperlinks

The easiest way to do it would be to edit the gallery's HTML and add what ever links you want to it.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Here's the bottom of the index.html page.

<style type="text/css" media="screen">
            html, body    { height:100%; }
            body {
                margin:0;
                padding:0;
                overflow:hidden;
                background-color: ##591b25;
                color:#666;
                font-family:sans-serif;
                font-size:20px;
            }
            a {
                color:#ff0000;
            }
        </style>
    </head><body><div id="flashContent">SimpleViewer requires JavaScript and the Flash Player. <a href="http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer/">Get Flash.</a>.</div></body>
</html>

As you can see, the content between the body tags is not what shows up in the final Simpleviewer page . . . after the Flash code loads.  So if you could clarify what you mean by editing the "gallery's HTML"?  Does that mean editing the Simpleviewer_v2.jsx file?  Does it mean the xml file?  If it's this file, I don't understand where I would put my links, since the body section is overridden by the Flash object anyway.

Thanks in advance for your help.

The body is not replaced just the contents of the flashContent div, so put your links anywhere in the body not inside the <div id="flashContent">.

Mike Richards

Which "index" file do you have to adjust? There is literally one in each folder..

@lilxmoomoo You would need to edit the index.html in the gallery folder.

Mike Richards