Topic: help with setting simpleviewer with externally hosted files and flickr

I've been trying to install the simpleviewer gallery (I'm not a programming expert), and I'm having some trouble with the following:

My website host doesn't allow me to host the gallery.xml and the other files for the gallery. So, I had to host them externally.
I updated the url of the files in the code that goes between the head tags, but all I get in the page is a grey background. The images aren't loading.

Also, I'm trying to pull my images from my flickr account (I followed the instructions for that).

Can somebody help me find the problem?

thank you in advance

Re: help with setting simpleviewer with externally hosted files and flickr

What is the URL of the page you are having issues with?

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.

the url is:

http://noussnouss.bigcartel.com/archiveteste

I'm sure the problem is really obvious, but I can't see it.
thank you.

Are you using Fetch (an FTP app for Mac) to upload your files? Older versions of Fetch break SWFs on upload. Upgrade Fetch or use a different FTP app, then re-upload your gallery.

Felix Turner

I'm uploading the files directly through the host. I'm not using any mac app.

Any ideas?
thank you.

Right click the area where the gallery should be. If you see the message 'Movie Not Loaded...' this means the SWF has been corrupted on upload. SWF files should be uploaded as 'Binary', not as 'ASCII'. Try re-uploading the SWF file or using a different FTP application.

Felix Turner

Does mediafire allow you to do what you are trying to do? if I go to the URLs you are using in your embed code I can not view the file I only have the option to download it. I think you might need to use a different service. Also if you are using baseURL galleryURL should be set to flashvars.galleryURL = "gallery.xml";

Mike Richards

I changed the host for the files, and now the swf file seems to be working.
I also changed the flashvars.baseURL to match the new host, and the flashvars.galleryURL to "gallery.xml"

But now I get the "gallery.xml not found" warning.

If you right click on the flash it says the movie is not loaded, do you know if Google allows you to link to the files? trying to go to the swf just shows a login page.

http://sites.google.com/a/noussnouss.co … viewer.swf

Mike Richards