Topic: New to Simple Viewer ... Guru help needed!

Hey guys -  For being simple there are a lot of intricacies about the software! smile 

I am wondering a couple things.. One, using photoshop, is there a way to save my settings if i'm going to do the same type of gallery each time (background color, bottom thumbnails, 700x700 etc?)

Also, on the image size, I'm confused.  I did IMAGE SIZE - 800

and MAXIMUM IMAGE WIDTH 800
and MAXIMUM IMAGE HEIGHT 800

but the gallery doesn not end up square?  And what is the differnce between IMAGE SIZE ... IMAGE WIDTH... and IMAGE HEIGHT?  Aren't these all saying the same thing just 3 different ways?

Thank you!
TR

Re: New to Simple Viewer ... Guru help needed!

I am wondering a couple things.. One, using photoshop, is there a way to save my settings if i'm going to do the same type of gallery each time (background color, bottom thumbnails, 700x700 etc?)

Yes you could do this, but it would require editing the Photoshop plug-in and changing the defaults. The other option is that you could use the pro version of SimpleViewer and svBuilder includes the ability to set your own defaults.

Also, on the image size, I'm confused.  I did IMAGE SIZE - 800

and MAXIMUM IMAGE WIDTH 800
and MAXIMUM IMAGE HEIGHT 800

but the gallery doesn not end up square?  And what is the difference between IMAGE SIZE ... IMAGE WIDTH... and IMAGE HEIGHT?  Aren't these all saying the same thing just 3 different ways?

No setting all of these vars to the same number will not make your images square. IMAGE SIZE - 800 tells the plug-in to set the largest length side of your image to 800 when it resizes the images. Max Width and Height set the XML var that tells the gallery that 800 is the larges length an image side with be. If you want square images in your gallery you need to make the images square before running the gallery plug-in.

Mike Richards
SimpleViewer Support Team.